What Does Your 1/16 Tank Weigh?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: What Does Your 1/16 Tank Weigh?

Post by Jimster »

:haha:
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hi chaps

my list:

taigen M4A3(76) Sherman: 5.6 Kg
Torro Königstiger: 8 Kg
HL/Asiatam Tiger: 7 Kg

for years I have been wrong, convinced that the koti weighed 9Kg and the tiki 6Kg ... :crazy: it seems that one has gained weight and the other has lost some :haha:

The sherman will change weight soon, I don't know how much, but I'm going to remove the taigen v3 mfu, smoke generator, battery and speaker, to replace it with an elmod, a visaton and a lipo

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Good to hear that "Tiki" is still running, Shortly after I joined the Forum I discovered the opportunities to modify a Tiger were pretty close to endless thanks to that build thread. :thumbup: :clap:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

jarndice wrote:Good to hear that "Tiki" is still running, Shortly after I joined the Forum I discovered the opportunities to modify a Tiger were pretty close to endless thanks to that build thread. :thumbup: :clap:
you are talking about MY version of Tiki? :{ If so, I'm glad you served others! :thumbup:

she is still running and strong, what's more, for his tenth birthday (a few weeks ago) I have given him a set of new shoes, a set of roadwheels with rubber and bearings, and now he rolls even smoother than before! ;D

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

How about a photo update on Tiki. I love Tiger pics.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Tiki was a real Tiger 1 with a distinctive crease in the forward fender and TIKI in yellow,
Look her up in the various references,
It has been copied in various scales since but it was "Jusseks" Tiki build (Heng Long Builds September 20 2012) that really got me into modding my Tanks and for that I am very grateful :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

Jimster wrote:How about a photo update on Tiki. I love Tiger pics.
you won't see much difference, the only thing i did differently, is the inside color of the roadwheels, i left them in antioxid red

jarndice wrote:Tiki was a real Tiger 1 with a distinctive crease in the forward fender and TIKI in yellow,
Look her up in the various references,
It has been copied in various scales since but it was "Jusseks" Tiki build (Heng Long Builds September 20 2012) that really got me into modding my Tanks and for that I am very grateful :thumbup:
you could see also the the characteristic dent in the left front side fender ;D

thanks for the comments mates!

best regards
Jussek

Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Excellent photo. Love the crew figures.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Jussek, that is an excellent array of RC tanks. Thank you for posting the updated photo. I wonder about the Königstiger at the back. Is seems to have an interestingly dark base color, as dark as the Sherman next to it. Can you explain more, or--better yet--show off pictures of it?
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

heya guys!
Jimster wrote:Excellent photo. Love the crew figures.
Thanks mate.. i have to admint, i'm a poor figure painter... those damned eyes!
Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Jussek, that is an excellent array of RC tanks. Thank you for posting the updated photo. I wonder about the Königstiger at the back. Is seems to have an interestingly dark base color, as dark as the Sherman next to it. Can you explain more, or--better yet--show off pictures of it?
well herr professor... this is, again, my mistake. I tend to overdo the weathering, and it seems that i do not learn when to stop! Lately i'm thinking more and more in repainting the whole tank, but i'm too lazy... If you want to see the actual base color, take a look at the build thread, and you can grasp the scope of the tragedy :haha:

also, with the pass of the years and the effects of panzodrome dust, smoke, ashes and even fire... they have darkened it even more :silent:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10384

best regards!
Jussek

Return to “General Discussion”