PANTHER 111, 116TH WINDHUND Dv, HOUFFALIZE 1944

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: PANTHER 111, 116TH WINDHUND Dv, HOUFFALIZE 1944

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Congratulations on a triumph. Sit back, smile, and enjoy the results of a lot of work and skill, Bix. What a prize piece! Did you keep a record of the cost? :shh: :silent: :crazy:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Herman, you have done an exceptional job, 8O and I follow captivated by your finishes, and details, I only have one word "hat the artist" :thumbup:
when I see this? makes me want to get back to knitting :lolno:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Museum quality work Herman! Really well done in every way :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Aussie wrote:Another masterpiece , very well done.
Thanks Mr Aussie, its coming out quite good. Finished soon.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PainlessWolf wrote:Herman!
I looked at the photos of the initial Magic Grime application and yes, my first thought was "OhNo! He has ruined that beautiful paint job!" Good to see that the product cleans up as advertised and leaves a cool looking weathering job in it's wake. That's one excellent Panther that you have there!
regards,
Painless
Cheers Mr Wolf, yes indeed while the mind screams damnation, it really does clean up as stated.
It will actually clean up even more, after a week of being applied if I want too.
A few little details to complete then its done ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Congratulations on a triumph. Sit back, smile, and enjoy the results of a lot of work and skill, Bix. What a prize piece! Did you keep a record of the cost? :shh: :silent: :crazy:

Thank you Herr Dr................all I can do at the moment is sit .........ankle being what it is & all. :/
As for a cost record, I normally dont bother, one does what one can within his means to get the outcome & there is a cost to that.
But, as I can estimate on this one looking back (all prices in $AUD);

- Atak Zim kit $45
- Voyager P/E $55
- H/L V6.1s electronics $111
- Taigen Metal roadwheels $60
- Taigen metal drive & idlers $20
- Taigen steel gearbox's $ 55
- Taigen closed pin winter tracks(imported) $150
- Tank V6 base model $300
- Blood , sweat & tears = priceless !

All up thats about 3 bucks for you jokers with actual currency :/ :'(
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jofaur86 wrote::) Herman, you have done an exceptional job, 8O and I follow captivated by your finishes, and details, I only have one word "hat the artist" :thumbup:
when I see this? makes me want to get back to knitting :lolno:
Merci Mr Jofaur, I really appreciate your kudos.
While it is far from some of the models here worthy of a place in the Louvre, its a reasonable representation of what 111 might have looked like on the morning before it was knocked out I think.
By the way, knitting is way harder than it looks :eh:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

c.rainford73 wrote:Museum quality work Herman! Really well done in every way :wave:
G'day Mr Rainford, thanks for looking in & for the credit.
Its come out pretty good over all.
I hope to get the last pin pricks of details done today so I can formally close off.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Mr Newboy must be quietly pissing himself with the reactions to first application of his grime product "they all do that every first time they use it, whats to worry about-Me & the grime have got this" !!
Well Mr Newboy, despite the u-tube videos its still a shock to the system when it goes on for the first time & you've had loads of practice :haha: :haha: :thumbup:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

Herman! That is just a magnificent achievement! :clap: :clap:

What a superb Panther and representation of the 111. As I am, literally, getting ready to start my own Panther build I now have a first-class benchmark to help guide my own effort. There are other excellent Panthers here, of course, but your historical approach and truly skilful execution have given me ideas of my own already. I doubt I can match your work but it will be fun trying, and I might just be looking for some Pantheresque illumination in the future too!! :thumbup:

Return to “Heng Long Builds”