Taigen V1 - Help needed identifying resistor value.

Discuss your radio gear here!
Bassetus44
Recruit

Re: Taigen V1 - Help needed identifying resistor value.

Post by Bassetus44 »

Thank you. I’ll try this out
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

OK, Good evening,
if I read it again, I think I have inverted in the definition, :{ J / K switch and G / H the flash led
Bassetus44
Recruit

Post by Bassetus44 »

Good afternoon.

I’ve received and fitted the 2.2 Ohm resister and the MFU appears to be working OK :thumbup:

I wired the 2 microswitch wires and the 2 LED wires as per your schematics and depending on the hull centre 3 connection positions, I get controllable recoil and flash but without self parking in the fully forward return position. This is a much better result, thank you.

Nibbling away at the issues and returning to the hull connector centre 3 pins, I see one of the following depending on the sequence they are connected:-
A) Constant recoil, (even on standby)
B) Constant Elevation motor, (again even on standby), or
C) Incorrect Recoil motor rotation, (with the required direction being anti-clockwise so as not to jam the cam). (Elevation motor direction obviously doesn’t matter).

There has to be a constant negative to one of the three pins making a circuit to a motor on standby?

I’ve sketched out all possible permutations of the 3 wires connecting to the centre 3 pins, [elevation (-) negative, recoil (-) negative & elevation/recoil (+) positive], and I’m working through them.

My logic was that the common positive (+) should connect to the to the positive one of the three pins, but this doesn’t workout.

ATB
Bassetus44
Recruit

Post by Bassetus44 »

Update:

With the tank turned on but on standby, I’ve just put a multimeter on the centre three pins of the 8 pin hull block with the following result;

* The common Positive (+) pin is the pin next to the M/G, front light three (3) pin plug (the BROWN wire on the 8 pin connector cable).
* The Negative (-) makes a circuit with the positive delivering circa 7.5 volts. ( the YELLOW wire on the 8 pin connector cable).
* The final pin (next to the turret rotation two (2) pin plug), does not complete a circuit in standby mode. (The BLUE wire on the 8 pin connector cable).

This is the same result I had before the resistor blew, so unless the Taigen MFU V1 was faulty before it was installed, i can’t understand what is occurring. It’s worth noting that the MFU was/is new and has not been run before.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

great if it works :D joint photo with colors and voltage on the different pads. Indeed the common is 7.2 volts and Brown. For recoil it is normal on a BB shooting system, there is a solution to remedy it , but the best is to replace by an Asiatam mechanism
FE41949E-CFA8-4CA1-ADE4-045E9D9D0200.jpeg
A52123A0-93ED-464F-8FEC-F17EA0A11039.jpeg
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Bassetus44
Recruit

Post by Bassetus44 »

Thank you for your continued efforts to educate a mechanical engineer :haha: I have difficulty reading some of the notes, but I follow the colours fine.

I have used an Asiatam/Taigen recoil/elevation unit previously in a PzKpfw IV last year. However the WSM is different, being similar to an airsoft unit. It only has 2 motor wires & the 2 wires from the 3 pole microswitch.

Mechanically the recoil is simple, with the motor driving the gearbox to rotate a cam that pushes a pin inserted through the barrel back end, surrounded by a coil spring. The cam rotates, the barrel is forced back by the spring, the cam continues to rotate pushing the barrel forward to compress the spring and close the microswitch. It is much simpler than the one shown in rcuniverse.com.
Attachments
Left Hand - motor #1
Left Hand - motor #1
C8E83D83-FCF6-454F-8CB2-381451536F2B.jpeg (83.53 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
Overhead view
Overhead view
71F11A5F-BD5A-4204-9ABC-0C0E489AE21A.jpeg (87.13 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
Left Hand side - motor #2
Left Hand side - motor #2
A68CB2A1-19F0-444A-844A-316D352147D5.jpeg (73.43 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
Right hand side - microswitch #1
Right hand side - microswitch #1
B6EDE957-FA2A-4E5F-8C7F-0BA4E02EC3E8.jpeg (89.22 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Can you explain your concern with the cannon to me again? please, because maybe not everything understands ?? and confused with other concerns !!! I have a friend who has transformed this type of system with the addition of a micro switch? on the mechanics of the cannon .... Go ask him what he did? see if corresponds to your concerns
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Merci pour vos efforts continus pour éduquer un ingénieur en mécanique. :haha: J'ai du mal à lire certaines des notes, mais je suis bien les couleurs.
:O oh my, just try to help according to my modest knowledge, for the electrical part I'm not worried, for the mechanics? much less, and more I who would need lessons !!! for understanding? I'm sorry, because I use Google translation, my English lessons far, very far behind me :(
Bassetus44
Recruit

Post by Bassetus44 »

My French is poor, just school boy from 11 years old. 50+ years ago. My mother spoke fluent French and despaired of me. Your understanding is très Bon

Return to “Radio Gear”