'Play Dirty' movie truck

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: 'Play Dirty' movie truck

Post by HERMAN BIX »

That’s brilliant Baldrick !!
Turned out precisely to the one in the movie,
Seems pretty rugged too so no breakages during use, apart from the bonnet ornament!
I also like the shade of yellow. I have used the Africa Corps Tami paint on my Pz4 and while it did seem to change shade depending on the ambient light, it always seemed too dark .
And the chipping is marvelous :clap:
Great job.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Your movie truck is turning out so cool! (or is it DAK hot?) The desert weathering and paint chipping is just topping off a masterpiece!
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Thank you for the compliments gents. That damned emblem is now not glued in place and will be put in a safe once I've finished taking photos.

I'm not up to the standard of some here, but I did increase my skills and hopefully I can employ it to finish off my tanks. This pic of 'Rotowaro' is one of a few I used as references where I realised how much you need to modulate the colours compared to the out-of-the bottle colours. The horizontal surfaces are almost white!

Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

That's the effect that I am after on my Lrdg truck build Estnische :D at present I've only given it a base coat of desert light sand, I'll follow it up with the darker tones next and then some chipping/weathering :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Looks great! I love models of "movie vehicles" even if they are not historicaly accurate (like Oddball's Sherman or tank from Indiana Jones) :)
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

that is an awesome looking truck :clap:
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Thank you guys! Making these movie vehicles gives you a better opportunity to study the life-sized vehicle.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”