Soviet M4A2 (75) Sherman

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Soviet M4A2 (75) Sherman

Post by Raminator »

Neat job on the conversion Kaczor, nice to see an Emcha instead of an M4 for once!
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Last weekend Sherman was taken from "pile of shame". Little progress - 3D printed travel lock.
Attachments
IMG_20211004_174040_copy_1280x719.jpg
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Engine deck details and tools are done. I'm not happy with weld seams. On the next tank will be better :D
Attachments
IMG_20211008_174440.jpg
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I think you're underrating the model- it's going to look great, if you can overcome the lull the project has slipped into :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Kaczor wrote:I'm not happy with weld seams. On the next tank will be better :D
They're a tricky detail to get right, I've yet to do a weld seam I'm happy with. Yours are looking good though, way better than any of mine!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Kaczor wrote:Engine deck details and tools are done. I'm not happy with weld seams. On the next tank will be better :D
I used a rolled bead of Milliput to make mine, as it helps to create the slightly raised ridge line that welds often create; and- given that it takes quite a while to set- it also allows for improvements by the dissatisfied modeller. :thumbup:
https://www.milliput.com/products.html I used the super-fine white type.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Test fitting of the tank. Upper hull is ready for painting details. Next point will be detailing rear plate with exhaust.
Attachments
004.jpg
003.jpg
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

EAO wrote:Thanks for the video! :thumbup: Now I need to slow it down to look at it frame by frame. Some very strange, mutant Sherman's on there! :wtf: :crazy: :clap:
I did -some- study of the various Sherman variants as I was working on my Firefly IC and completing my M4A3 105mm. I am in NO way a Sherman expert as some people on the forum, but I get one distinct notion from seeing what I've found sofar...

Basically someone in -an- army -somewhere- would go; "Hey, we've got X, and it needs to move into battle, through rough terrain. Preferably on something that is -somewhat- bullitproof..." and the answer would be; "Weeeelll... we've got a Sherman we could bolt/weld/duct-tape it to..?"

;D ;D ;D
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

When looking to build my collection of Soviet AFV's, this version would probably not feature !!
But, as is an inescapable fact, the much maligned Sherman did so much for all nations that used them.
Your version Mr Kaczor is shaping up to be a fantastic version of the Lend-Lease scheme that helped the greater good so much.

I wonder what the Russian crews though of these when compared to their own T-series machines?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I wonder what the Russian crews though of these when compared to their own T-series machines?
They liked it! Here is great article on The Sherman Tank Site:
http://www.theshermantank.com/lee-and-g ... e-sherman/

Return to “Other Builds”