Tank identification help

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Cshaffer
Private

Re: Tank identification help

Post by Cshaffer »

Is there a easy way to tell if it’s a tamiya tank?
I also have at least two or three tanks that matorro I don’t think any after the split
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

This is not a Tamiya Tank!
It´s a old HengLong Tiger II.
Cshaffer
Private

Post by Cshaffer »

I know this one is not a tamiya but I have 30 that I received and I am working on identifying them and I was wondering when I go through some more if there is a way I can identify that brand if I have any. Some of the tanks have no markings on them
Cshaffer
Private

Post by Cshaffer »

This is most of the group of tanks I’m working through finding out about
Attachments
8AA495A1-A83D-40FF-A3B2-9DFEB4E083EB.jpeg
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Cshaffer wrote:Is there a easy way to tell if it’s a tamiya tank?
I also have at least two or three tanks that matorro I don’t think any after the split
As Jofaur indicated, above, if there is no access hatch for a battery in the base of the tank, it's almost certainly a Tamiya model. Generally, HL and Taigen models will also generally have brand names embossed in the base, as well as a battery access hatch.
Tamiya tanks also have no BB/Airsoft feature. Instead, they have a hi-intensity flash unit in the muzzle of the cannon.
If you can open the commander's and loader's hatches- assuming one or both will open, Airsoft tanks have a chute in the hatch for BBs (a portal in the base of the hatch). Any tank with one of these is NOT a Tamiya.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

look on the bottom of your tanks most of them will have a brand name moulded or written on them what your looking for is heng long, matorro, mato, torro, taigen, 21st century, ultimate soldier, bandai, heng feng those that you cant find anything on post a picture of them and go from there.

As for tamiya identification metal hull metal suspension
Cshaffer
Private

Post by Cshaffer »

Ok so I only think one of the tanks is a tamiya which was in one of my other post on here already I don’t think there where any other like that one
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

You are going to have a lot of fun trying to find out which radios go with which tanks...
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

5 king tigers 1 looks to be 1/18 scale
6 tiger 1's 4 look to be 1/18 scale
3 panther g's 2 look to be 1/18 scale
on the left of the white panther g is a heng long jagdpanther on the rightof the white panther g is a kv1 cant really see it so dont know the make on the right of the kv1 looks like 2 panzer iii or iv cant make them out as they blend in with the blanket on the right of them is possibly a stug iv cant see it to well on the right of that is your bandai hummel on its right is a matorro or torro sturmtiger on its right is a 1/18th bradley possibly forces of valor. Behind the sturmtiger is a heng long stug iii behind that is an abrams might be heng long or hobby engine. Driving into the side of the abrams looks to be a 1/18th panzer iv
Cshaffer
Private

Post by Cshaffer »

Tankme I thought the same thing but 90% use the same style of chip I hope I can explain this but each controller has a chip with a frequency and all the tanks have a chip with the frequency marked so I have been able to use one controller for all the tanks I just have to insert the chip in the controller that corresponds with the tank I am very thank full that it was that easy

Return to “General Questions”