1/16 Tiger 1. Heng Long guts into Tamiya?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
AGKPeiper
Lance Corporal

Re: 1/16 Tiger 1. Heng Long guts into Tamiya?

Post by AGKPeiper »

Tiger6 wrote:might be cheaper to by just the bits you need?

https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/c1 ... ducts.html
Now thats a plan. Thank you.

Edit.
Oh man, that site is going to keep me busy.
Last edited by AGKPeiper on Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AGKPeiper
Lance Corporal

Post by AGKPeiper »

jarndice wrote:The Tamiya Tiger 1 is a very accurate example with none of the physical failings of it's cheaper RTR competitors and it is made of top quality materials BUT it's electronic package is dated and overly expensive,
Something worth knowing if you don't already is that Tamiya's 1/16 r/c Armour are all in kit form and if you are prepared to search for a decent stockist/dealer you can buy parts for anything that needs replacing although some parts are as rare as unicorn droppings to find BUT a lot of Taigen/Torro/Heng Long parts will fit,
There are more upgrade parts available for the 1/16 Tiger 1 than for any other Tank in that scale.
The choice of an electronic package is as long as your pockets are deep,
Search the pages of the Forum for a breakdown on what most closely matches your requirements.
That electronic package info is worth knowing about particularly as I can see this getting expensive.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Dave @ www.forgebeartanks.com is one of the most trustworthy and helpful dealers you will find in this hobby he is also a member of this Forum :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
AGKPeiper
Lance Corporal

Post by AGKPeiper »

I've had a look around on there now and while there are some very likely purchases on there the HL Tiger donor is still the cheaper option.
All the electronics, gearboxes, smoker and hand unit controller thingie for £100.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

You should be able to use a heng long 6.0 board on the Tamiya tiger even the recoil should work I haven't tried it yet but when you rewire a taigen recoil unit to work on the 6.0 board you are actually wiring it the same as a tamiya recoil unit although they look nothing like each other in essence they work exactly the same 1 motor 1 microswitch and 3 wires. Going by what clark say is the polarity of the wires green is live white is earth plug into cn10 blue would also be earth connected to the earth supply from the battery so when you fire the main gun it sends power to the motor which activates the mechanism, triggers the microswitch which connects the motor to a permanent earth and turns it off when returning to the firing position. As I said I haven't tried it yet but seems simple enough.
AGKPeiper
Lance Corporal

Post by AGKPeiper »

You are right, that sounds very simple, thank you.
I'm thinking this project will be successful.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Howes of Kidlington in Oxfordshire sell Version 6.0 Heng Long Tiger 1s(Which is the one you want) for a very reasonable price and they are a trustworthy dealer (And it has nothing to do with the fact my last Tiger 1 came from them :lolno: )
I have to warn you it took two whole days from ordering until delivery :haha:
www.howesmodels.co.uk
AGKPeiper
Lance Corporal

Post by AGKPeiper »

They only seem to have the "pro" version 6.0 and thats out of my price range. I have however found the non pro 7.0 for £110 delivered so I'm going for that.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I would advice against the VERSION 7.0 BOARD as it's engine sounds do not include the Tiger 1. :thumbdown:
Shop around you should be able to find a version 6.0 for a lot less.
AGKPeiper
Lance Corporal

Post by AGKPeiper »

A Tiger tank that doesn't sound like one?

Return to “General Questions”