MY GOOD OLD DAYS

This board is for discussion of replica or original uniforms and equipment (such as rifles, mg's, airsoft).
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

MY GOOD OLD DAYS

Post by HERMAN BIX »

All were matching numbers and as many accessories as were possible to gather to match each one were to hand.
When I sold up to move to Australia, these and almost 20,000 rounds of various caliber ammo went with them.
The Ppsh41 ended up in director Peter Jackson’s collection, and the sniper went to a senior arms officer in Wellington Police !
Each has a story and a value beyond its monetary one.
I was lucky to have them.
Attachments
MP44 with auto gear
MP44 with auto gear
EARLY TT33
EARLY TT33
MP38
MP38
SWISS, GERMAN AND TWO AMERICAN NAGANTS
SWISS, GERMAN AND TWO AMERICAN NAGANTS
Mixed dates and types
Mixed dates and types
SVT 40
SVT 40
RPK AND AK
RPK AND AK
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: MY GOOD OLD DAYS

Post by HERMAN BIX »

More
Attachments
ENEMY AT THE GATES DROVE THE $$ UPNON THIS
ENEMY AT THE GATES DROVE THE $$ UPNON THIS
DP28
DP28
VZ58 MATCHING NUMBERED BAYONET
VZ58 MATCHING NUMBERED BAYONET
1981 DATED EX GULF WAR 1 TROPHY
1981 DATED EX GULF WAR 1 TROPHY
MAG AND RECEIVER MATCHING NUMBERS
MAG AND RECEIVER MATCHING NUMBERS
STERLING FLIPPED FOR A PROFIT
STERLING FLIPPED FOR A PROFIT
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I remember when the first Star Wars film came out I was told to HUSH as I burst out laughing in the cinema when the Empire troopers invaded Princess Leias ship wielding "Sterling Sub Machine Guns",
They were no blo*dy use in the 20th century British Army and I doubt that they got better by aging a few centuries :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

What a collection, Herman! Can I compliment your impeccable taste? Quite a few interesting rarities, the SVD-stocked AKM and the Vz. 58 jumped out at me.

A shame to have had to have sold them, but I take it you moved after 1996 when this kind of stuff was no longer allowed here.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

wow, nice collection, too bad you dont have them anymore
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Raminator wrote:What a collection, Herman! Can I compliment your impeccable taste? Quite a few interesting rarities, the SVD-stocked AKM and the Vz. 58 jumped out at me.

A shame to have had to have sold them, but I take it you moved after 1996 when this kind of stuff was no longer allowed here.

Was a hard thing to do, parting with them..............2004 it was, December 1 I arrived here.
I spent the 2 days before Y2K loading mags............just in case :/ Takes a while to get rounds out by hand without discharging them the fun wy :problem: when life was normal. (big con that was )
The AKM was also fitted with the auto-gear. 5 sets of the relevant trigger group hardware "came into" NZ as a necklace worn by a pseudo-Punk joker that really was not :haha:
I used sub-sonic ammo through the silencer for all sorts of animals, and non-silenced as the 3rd round from the mag floor as a warning that I was almost empty when participating in Sim-field training.
Never once fired on an empty chamber ;)
The RPK 75rnd drum was a treat for goat culling, once that was out I went to the sticks.

As for the VZ, it was a real case of stumbling over the deal of a lifetime even though it was not strictly in the line of collecting.
I did have a set of auto gear on the way for it too, but as I was close to leaving, decided to stop the deal.
It looked AK but was mechanically entirely different.

The DP MG I had also had a same year dated Ameoba pattern camo overall set. I have a pic somewhere.

Not shown are shotguns & other relevant tools, bayonets, slings, cleaning kits, armourers tools, etc etc etc.
I was fully into it.
I also had an early version machined receiver AK that was a Vietnam war trophy, but it was very banged up so I moved it on for other things.
Ahh, the things we do eh
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Sweet! :clap:

Very nice collection of firearms Herman. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Never knew you were a firearm collector! Simply amazing stuff, puts me to shame. All beautiful pieces, it's unfortunate they were sold. I don't know too much about Australian gun laws, would any of those be legal now?
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

PershingLover wrote:Never knew you were a firearm collector! Simply amazing stuff, puts me to shame. All beautiful pieces, it's unfortunate they were sold. I don't know too much about Australian gun laws, would any of those be legal now?
These days in Australia, talking about owning these would put him on the 'watch-list' by the Federal Police. Even semi-automatics are out if I recall correctly. I surrendered my bolt-action 6.5mm a long time ago after my parents sold their farm.

Nowadays, the only people who have automatics in Australia are criminals.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A guilty pleasure, HB. 8O :D One I can share. :D Humans have used weapons since we climbed out of the trees, and nature's fauna and flora are full of them (defensive and predatory). For me, it's the technology, ingenuity, and performance that appeals. Misuse and abuse... absolutely not. :|
However, I really draw the line at nukes.
Then again, these days all it takes to kill someone, is a cough or a sneeze :problem: A tank is no protection against that, nor is an AK47...
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Uniforms / Equipment”