Serious Question Time!!

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Serious Question Time!!

Post by Jimster »

Meh! Sold my Leopard 2A7+. Just didn’t light my fire like my Tiger does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

I did consider the Leopard, but only because the Dutch Army is using them again (leased from the Germans after we sold our own...). But it's a bit too modern. I kinda want something British (I've seen the Cromwell, but it doesn't tickle me... yet). I like WW2 armour best... must be my age
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Right on!
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

I guess you could consider variants of the Leopard 2 as modern. But the leo2 entered service over 40 years ago. Even the 2a5 is an antique by automotive standards.
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

I think that WW2 British armour is ugly to be honest. My first allied tank would probably be a firefly but I believe there is some modifications that need doing to make it accurate so could be a good project.
Also do you have a preference to manufacturer of the tank?

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

If I ever build a British tank it will be a WW1 tank. Probably way out of my modeling skill set but I love the clunky lumbering clanky smoking beasts.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jimster wrote:If I ever build a British tank it will be a WW1 tank. Probably way out of my modeling skill set but I love the clunky lumbering clanky smoking beasts.
Yeah, yeah, yeah! That is a great idea! :clap:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Speaking of British tanks, I think that Armortek is planning on a Churchill model for 2022. That would be the cat's ass! :D But this has nothing to do with anything, it just popped into my head so I thought I'd share. :crazy:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

NAB wrote:I think that WW2 British armour is ugly to be honest. My first allied tank would probably be a firefly but I believe there is some modifications that need doing to make it accurate so could be a good project.
"some"? Uhm, yeah. But it's indeed a fun project... viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31939
NAB wrote:Also do you have a preference to manufacturer of the tank?
Well, I like Heng Long... alltho V7.0 of the main board has turned me off them a bit. The tanks I have are Heng Long tanks, but I am going to give the Panzer IV a downgrade to V6.0S because of the sound options. I hear Torro and Amevi are largely compatible with Heng Long tanks as far as the IR battle options go.
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hi Rob.
When it comes to IR battling, if you ever intend to go to a club for a battle, the Tamiya battle system is the club standard, after market control boards can be made Tamiya compatible, not sure if it is still possible to get adaptor systems to make Heng Long Tamiya compatible anymore.
Something to consider, maybe instead of replacing your V7.0 with a V6.0S, you may find it beneficial to take a look at the Clark options.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “General Questions”