taigen road wheels

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Topper
Corporal

Re: taigen road wheels

Post by Topper »

What prompted those unrelated snippets": I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. "
I own a VFR800 and a GL500 ,I dont really use them but cant sell them, I had friends in Witham and Maldon, I dont know what there like today but in the 1980's it was beautiful,
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Passed my Motorcycle test in the early 60s on a BSA M20 dispatch bike, Utter crap but it lit a flame that still burns
Had lots of Brit Bikes most 2nd or 3rd hand and equally rubbish and a few German Bikes including a Zundapp that had the gear pedal on the "Wrong Side"then I bought two motorcycles that to this day I regret selling, A Kawasaki ZXR 750 H and a Kawasaki ZR 750 Zephyr, Both quite different but both wonderful pieces of engineering,
Right now I ride an ever aging but still lots of fun 1200 Suzuki Bandit.All original although it has had new forks ,rear shocks,under engine cowl a replacement saddle and rear seat cowl + Nonfango hard luggage and heated grips as well as a series of exhaust systems this one being an Ackropovic stainless/Titanium exhaust system, Beautiful tone.
This Italian grey import was a bargain when new and with a set of replacement clocks I don't know its true mileage but I suppose its a keeper :thumbup: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

:D

We're all the same, kids at heart with a love of fine engineering and unable to part with our past toys! The Fuckleburgh Collection lives in East Essex but l was born in Stratford, moved to Woolwich at 3 then found a female in Leigh on Sea when l was 20, that introducing me to Essex. The move came when l was 30 with a girl from West London. I passed my bike test at 16 and car test at 17, both 1st time and l was lethal, my first car was a Cologne replica race Capri modified for road use (still illegal!). It knew the Southend Arterial intimately, usually driven after midnight and at speeds always under 30 mph, well 130 anyway. In those days the police got to know you and looked after you!

All this has absolutely nothing to do Taigen Road Wheels, l had Compomotive split rims fitted and my Dunlop intermediates never came off them
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

My 1st bike was a bantam D10, after that a /tiger cub, along came the Japanese and CB250, VT500,CX500, VF750sc,XN85 turbo had two of those,CBR1000, CBR100FJ (I think) VFR800Fi1,another CX eurosport,GL500 and a Moto Guzzi 750 Targa,
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

During the Suez crisis of 1956 when petrol rationing was in force my Father ran a BSA Bantam on "Ronsonol" lighter fluid, which was not rationed,
A bottle lasted a week and got him to St Albans from Pitsdown all week.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01

Back in the 60s when l used to race 1/24 slot cars at the various London 'raceways', we used Ronson lighter fuel to clean the motor comms and brushes by squirting the fluid in the motors then driving off. The fluid would ignite and burn off the carbon deposits, the cars leaving a brief trail of flames. Given the motors we used then cost around £6 (a London terraced house cost £600) we took quite a risk! Not recommended for RC tanks though. Or Taigen wheels.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

London terraced house cost £600) = £750,000
General Jumbo01

I bought one in 1980 for £20k and sold it a year later for £40k. Just in time? Not really, Essex is just the eastern east end of London so the next cost me £50k. Now it's £400k but it's not profit, just crazy inflation.

Unlike Taigen road wheels that can be bought from Forgebear very pleasantly priced.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk

Return to “General Questions”