heng long tiger manlet

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
medic18
Recruit

heng long tiger manlet

Post by medic18 »

just bought a old 27mhz heng long tiger, with the manlet the wrong way, is there an easy way to right this, by buying a new under manlet, or is it they way of cut and fix? many thanks. oh and why are the old tiger one manlets the wrong way?
jarndice
Colonel

Re: heng long tiger manlet

Post by jarndice »

Which Mantlet? The Armoured slab across the front of the Tank body that bears the hull mg and the drivers vision port which was revised in November 1942.
Or the Main Gun Mantlet, over the years the main gun Mantlet was altered, the early Tiger 1 had a flush binocular gunsight (On the drivers side) later the binocular gunsight was mounted in an extruded box shaped section which was pushed forward of its surroundings on the mantlet and the last revision in March 1944 was the installation of a Monocular gunsight,
The early flat Main gun mantlet is available as an aftermarket upgrade and is a standard fitting on Tamiya's Tiger 1 early.
If you are referring to Heng Longs infuriating habit of reversing the installation of the Main Gun Mantlet it is a matter of a moment to turn it round.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
medic18
Recruit

Post by medic18 »

many thanks it a matter i think of turning it around, every picture i see of the Mantlet in my haynes tiger manual have the gunners sight and the turret gun reversed to this heng long model
Barmonkey
Recruit

Post by Barmonkey »

This may be the answer you seek: viewtopic.php?f=118&t=11483
medic18
Recruit

Post by medic18 »

thank you explains a lot and is much welcome

Return to “General Questions”