Dump Tiger 1

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Juggmeister
Recruit

Dump Tiger 1

Post by Juggmeister »

Went to the local dump last week and found an all metal MATO Tiger 1 on the recycling bench, after a bit of haggling I put it in the car for £25!

Hull machine gun was broken and the rear mudflaps were missing. The battery inside still had a charge so I hooked up my flysky TX and RX and it worked (mostly)
Thanks to Forgebear it now has a new machine gun and rear mud flaps. I also fitted a TARR smoker.
I am now in the process of painting, weathering and adding decals etc
The MFU , I believe it's a Clark TK22, works but the engine noise when running cannot be heard very well, start up and everything else is fine. Was thinking of upgrading to a TK40s so I can utilise more of the channels available on my Flysky. Any idea on where I might source a TK40s?
RenoirLV
Corporal

Re: Dump Tiger 1

Post by RenoirLV »

Dump? I’d that like a landfill site? How on earth did think of going there? I mean I would for a Mato Tiger but how to know it’s there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Juggmeister wrote: The MFU , I believe it's a Clark TK22, works but the engine noise when running cannot be heard very well, start up and everything else is fine. Was thinking of upgrading to a TK40s so I can utilise more of the channels available on my Flysky. Any idea on where I might source a TK40s?

Our own "MAXMEKKER" will be glad to supply you with any of the Clark range of boards. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Juggmeister
Recruit

Post by Juggmeister »

RenoirLV wrote:Dump? I’d that like a landfill site? How on earth did think of going there? I mean I would for a Mato Tiger but how to know it’s there?

My wife booked a slot for me to dispose of a load of garden rubbish, purely by chance the parking slot I was given was right next to the recycling table where all the unwanted electrical gear is placed. As I went to the back of the car to get the rubbish out, it was the first thing I saw.
jarndice wrote:
Juggmeister wrote: The MFU , I believe it's a Clark TK22, works but the engine noise when running cannot be heard very well, start up and everything else is fine. Was thinking of upgrading to a TK40s so I can utilise more of the channels available on my Flysky. Any idea on where I might source a TK40s?

Our own "MAXMEKKER" will be glad to supply you with any of the Clark range of boards. :thumbup:
Do I need to PM Maxmekker or does he have a website?
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

I guess the owner of the tank died and his wife could find no better place for it. Hard to imagine anyone sane would not try to sell it first.

Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Juggmeister wrote:
Do I need to PM Maxmekker or does he have a website?
PM him.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Juggmeister
Recruit

Post by Juggmeister »

Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

perhaps you should buy a lottery ticket?
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Topper wrote:perhaps you should buy a lottery ticket?
His wife should buy one for himImage

Started as a tank man.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Mr. JMeister,

I think you should play the lottery too! The only thing I've ever brought back from the dump is a nail or screw in my truck tires! :-< As other's have surmised, I can only think it's the Wife, significant other, or angry parent's seeking revenge?!? :wtf:

You're one lucky guy! :clap:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “General Discussion”