Taigen Heng long swap

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Topper
Corporal

Taigen Heng long swap

Post by Topper »

Hi
Would it be possible to swap the metal tracks and gearbox from a Taigen Panther G to a Heng long King Tiger?
Thanks in advance
Frank
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Taigen Heng long swap

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It wouldn't be as difficult as fitting HL/Taigen gearboxes into a Tamiya King Tiger. Sorry about the initial response, but I had two links to RCTW open simultaneously on two different browsers, and typed replies into the wrong threads. Duh :/ :/
You shouldn't have too much difficulty fitting the boxes, but I think the sprockets are not the same, and could be an issue. Tracks tend to fit certain sprockets.
Thus if you can fit your Panther boxes to the HL KT, the KT sprockets you will need might have compatibility issues with your Panther tracks.
All you can do, is put it all together and see what happens. :)
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Hi
I think you have posted this in the wrong thread
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Topper wrote:Hi
It would seem so. :think:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

BarryC wrote:
It would seem so. :think:

Barry
He's all confused bless him, what with winning the TOTM, and the Scottish football team not losing against England, his mind has gone to mush ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Would it be possible to swap the metal tracks and gearbox from a Taigen Panther G to a Heng long King Tiger?
Thanks in advance
Frank
I know the gearboxes are interchangeable as both tanks have the same gearbox configuration and shaft length.
As for the Panther tracks lining and working with the KT's road wheels, I can't offer any help with that as I don't have a Panther I'm afraid.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Thanks in advance
Frank
I know the gearboxes are interchangeable as both tanks have the same gearbox configuration and shaft length.
As for the Panther tracks lining and working with the KT's road wheels, I can't offer any help with that as I don't have a Panther I'm afraid.
http://www.forgebeartanks.com are selling the "Ultimate 11 Gearboxes SHORT Shaft" for the Tiger 1 and the Panzer 4, They are also selling the "Ultimate 11 Gearboxes LONG Shaft" for the Panther G.and the King Tiger
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Absolutely. I was replying to two threads at the same time but, evidently, I had a multi-tasking meltdown. :crazy: :D
I did, in fact, post a link to Forgebear in relation to your query, but it seems to have disappeared in the ether...or, it may pop up on an unrelated thread. :haha:
Taigen Panther G gearboxes require their own mounting plate, as far as I can recall; but, as others have often proved, just about anything is possible if you're determined enough. Sprockets are the likely issue, I would think.
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Thanks
My King tiger arrives today,I will take a look and make a decision.
Thanks again
Frank
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Panther tracks are not as wide or long as the King Tiger

Return to “General Questions”