PANTHER 111, 116TH WINDHUND Dv, HOUFFALIZE 1944

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: PANTHER 111, 116TH WINDHUND Dv, HOUFALIZE 1944

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D Good evening,
Panther Houffalize catering, on the net
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wbqrpCpAhfU
John Glover
Lance Corporal

Post by John Glover »

Hi Herman.What parts do you need. I have early exhausts, exhaust shields,replacment fan housing for where the crew heater was, and a after market early mantlet.regards John
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya King Tiger [Porsche turret]
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya Panther
HL/Taigen Stug 111
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

John Glover wrote:Hi Herman.What parts do you need. I have early exhausts, exhaust shields,replacment fan housing for where the crew heater was, and a after market early mantlet.regards John
Gday mr GLOVER, I would be interested in those for sure. Pm with a proposal when you can mate
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks for those links Mr Jofaur .
There are quite a few informative sites on this tank that seem to have popped up since it restoration began.
I have uncovered an interview with one of the kids in the pictures, but it will take a bit of editing to post it.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Been checking the period pictures, looks like both stowage boxes were missing off the rear.
No indication if this was as a result of the blast that flung it over the bridge, or they were lost earlier.
Could it be that they were not fitted at the time ??
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello,
yes Mister Herman, there are many articles on the net, since the restoration of this Panther, but nothing more precise on this event? and unfortunately, not many witnesses of the time?
on some articles it is explained that it was the blast that turned the Panther upside down? and in addition in the river and on the back, therefore impossible if possible survivors, of exits, probably drowned? weird that no witnesses mentioned this episode
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Thank you Mr Herman,

You bring back memories of a roadtrip i did in 2011 with my late father who wanted to visit WW1 and WW2 sites in France and Belgium, me too of course. I made sure to bring him to Houffalize to see the Panther. The town put it in a prominent display downtown. I agree with its restauration.
Panther 111 Houffalize
Panther 111 Houffalize
Panther 111 Houffalize
Panther 111 Houffalize
Panther 111 Houffalize
Panther 111 Houffalize
The town of La Gleize is 40 minutes away to see one of Peiper's King Tiger.
King Tiger at La Gleize
King Tiger at La Gleize
King Tiger at La Gleize
King Tiger at La Gleize
And Vimoutier in Normandy to see the Tiger 1 among so many other fascinating places.
Tiger 1 in Vimoutier
Tiger 1 in Vimoutier
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
And people ask why we as Modelers do so much German Armor. They all have fascinating stories to tell if One will just stop and listen. Following along to hear this particular Panzers Tale.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

lmcq11 wrote:Thank you Mr Herman,

You bring back memories of a roadtrip i did in 2011 with my late father who wanted to visit WW1 and WW2 sites in France and Belgium, me too of course. I made sure to bring him to Houffalize to see the Panther. The town put it in a prominent display downtown. I agree with its restauration.
Capture.JPG
Capture2a.JPG
Capture2.JPG
The town of La Gleize is 40 minutes away to see one of Peiper's King Tiger.
Capture3.JPG
Capture3a.JPG
And Vimoutier in Normandy to see the Tiger 1 among so many other fascinating places.
Capture4.JPG
I know its 2 years, but thats still pretty close to running into each other really !!
I am humble to hear your Dad passed away, but at least he got to see & touch things that obviously meant a lot to him.
many folks never get that chance..................
The 111 Panther looked exactly the same when I was there & the town did little to clean it up after that. :think:
The KT looks the same and so does the Vimoutiers Tiger !
Its an amazing small geographic location crammed with places to see & "feelings" to take in...............
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: PANTHER 111, 116TH WINDHUND Dv, HOUFFALIZE 1944

Post by EAO »

Gentlemen,

Very lucky to have seen and touched such amazing historical artifacts. I'll probably never get the chance, in all reality. The ass clowns who deface such important and rare historical items should be pummeled!

Best regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Heng Long Builds”