320 Degree Turret Rotation Ring

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: 320 Degree Turret Rotation Ring

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Deck mounted antenna can be a problem too!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Deck mounted antenna can be a problem too!
Apply the tip of a (Heated) Soldering Iron to the base of the deck mounted aerial on the inside of the tank body and it will drop through.
www.rctank.de/ has the proper side body mount aerial although you might have to look in the PZ111 section for it,
Don't forget the PZ4 Ausf "H" and "J" had a rear mounted aerial on the left rear flank.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

It wasn't the removal of the antenna that's the problem but the retention! You need to fit antenna with a very flexible base mount so that the passing barrel can easily push it aside. I've taken to using heat shrink tubing for this but don't heat it or it will just flop over. All part of the fun!

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The Panzer 4s aerial in any of it's 9 Tank incarnations was never mounted on the engine deck which is why I assumed (Old Military saying "Don't assume check") you wanted to know how to be rid of it :lolno:
It was either mounted on the right side of the Tanks body and when the aerial was (excuse me) erect the main gun deflector would push it down into the Aerial tray as the turret turned or in the Ausf H and J variants because it was fitted on the left rear flank it was well clear of the main gun :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Questions”