Vintage King Tiger Rebuild

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Vintage King Tiger Rebuild

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning!
Authentic battle damage and a prompt ( in your case anyway ) field repair! ;o) Following along.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

That's good repair work! :clap: I suppose since it's raining all the time out there, :P you can hide indoors and hobby-ize. ;)

Gee, in the photos I see a familiar set of nut drivers: they must be what drove me nuts. :crazy: And that barbecue sauce in the yellow tub: is that for when the Tiger lights up Shermans on the grill?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Looks like the old speed control went up !!?
Did you get hold of a rear plate ?

I have a TAMIYA rear plate, with a hole in it, that I got for free, happy to pass it forward if you can’t get anything else ,for free.
Good luck bringing the old horse back to life, it will be well worth the effort ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PNW Paul
Recruit

Post by PNW Paul »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:That's good repair work! :clap: I suppose since it's raining all the time out there, :P you can hide indoors and hobby-ize. ;)

Gee, in the photos I see a familiar set of nut drivers: they must be what drove me nuts. :crazy: And that barbecue sauce in the yellow tub: is that for when the Tiger lights up Shermans on the grill?
Indeed lol, I use the cup for mixing pigments these days.
PNW Paul
Recruit

Post by PNW Paul »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Looks like the old speed control went up !!?
Did you get hold of a rear plate ?

I have a TAMIYA rear plate, with a hole in it, that I got for free, happy to pass it forward if you can’t get anything else ,for free.
Good luck bringing the old horse back to life, it will be well worth the effort ;)

I will take you up on that! I will pay the postage. The parts tree that piece is on is discontinued and nonexistent anywhere.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Will do a picture later
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
John Glover
Lance Corporal

Post by John Glover »

Hi,dont know how far you are going to upgrade this but the original turret rotation unit is very well engineered but bulky. If you search RC Universe site and look for a build of a Tamiya Porsche King Tiger by PCOMM1 you will see he incorporated the old turret rotation unit with Tamiya late model electronics. You said the muzzle brake is broken. Do you need another one as I have one you can have. Regards John.
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya King Tiger [Porsche turret]
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya Panther
HL/Taigen Stug 111
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D tell you about this one? this is not the original turret rotation system? unless not the right subject !!!
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tan ... urret.html
otherwise there is also this one
http://www.rcgrabbag.com/tamiya-king-ti ... onversion/
PNW Paul
Recruit

Post by PNW Paul »

John Glover wrote:Hi,dont know how far you are going to upgrade this but the original turret rotation unit is very well engineered but bulky. If you search RC Universe site and look for a build of a Tamiya Porsche King Tiger by PCOMM1 you will see he incorporated the old turret rotation unit with Tamiya late model electronics. You said the muzzle brake is broken. Do you need another one as I have one you can have. Regards John.
I do need a muzzle brake, thank you. Message me for details.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
PNW Paul
Recruit

Post by PNW Paul »

Jofaur86 wrote::D tell you about this one? this is not the original turret rotation system? unless not the right subject !!!
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tan ... urret.html
otherwise there is also this one
http://www.rcgrabbag.com/tamiya-king-ti ... onversion/
Good info, thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Return to “Tamiya Builds”