EBay and Paypal

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: EBay and Paypal

Post by midlife306 »

General Jumbo01 wrote:So how does the UK seller differentiate when he does his annual tax returns? What a mess! Yes, this is al about EBay making money, not making it better for it's customers. Meteors, global warming, East/West silliness, pets being stolen, and now EBay. I feel a deep depression coming on..... :crazy:
Don’t forget UFO’s Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Thanks, but why would a UFO want to come to Earth? You'd think all that advanced intelligence would tell it to stay well away. Thank goodness for hobbies ;)

Which reminds me. Drones. Think I'll go and play near Gatwick. There are some nice, open spaces near there.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Last edited by General Jumbo01 on Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

My problem with Pay-Pal is not related to e-bay it is trying to log on to my Pay-Pal account, It asks for me to verify my account and then it won't flash up a code on my phone which is supposed to verify the whole sorry muck about,
I need it to settle a generous job of work done for me by RAD and if anyone knows of a better (another) way of transferring money to the European mainland I would dump Pay-Pal in an instant.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01

That code is, as l remember, sent as a text message. Does PayPal have your current number? Just a thought.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

General Jumbo01 wrote:That code is, as l remember, sent as a text message. Does PayPal have your current number? Just a thought.
Yes old friend both numbers and after waiting for a few minutes I get a message telling me they have a problem,
So I am no better off than when I began just more annoyed.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

jarndice wrote:My problem with Pay-Pal is not related to e-bay it is trying to log on to my Pay-Pal account, It asks for me to verify my account and then it won't flash up a code on my phone which is supposed to verify the whole sorry muck about,
I need it to settle a generous job of work done for me by RAD and if anyone knows of a better (another) way of transferring money to the European mainland I would dump Pay-Pal in an instant.
This may be a temporary problem. Sometimes, despite entering the correct login, password and SMS code, PayPal claims that "There was a problem on their side - please try again later". It is definitely worth verifying that PayPal has your correct / current phone number.

If you want to try a different route - one of the alternatives to PayPal I know is "WISE" (former TransferWise). I didn't use it, but a friend of mine from Illinois liked it to me once.
You can try it here:
https://wise.com/pl/

You also have Google Pay and a few others to choose from.
Good luck
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thank you Abramsky that is most helpful :thumbup:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I used PayPal at about 09:45 this morning, and again at about ten then five past ten, never had any issues with all three login's or payments.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
General Jumbo01

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57318294.amp

A statement by BBC news this morning. In a nutshell, the buyer m :clap: ay still purchase using PayPal but they pay eBay, not the sellers account, and eBay then pay into the sellers bank account. EBay charge the seller more than PayPal for this service. Fallout to follow!

Not doing Gatwick as my drone battery won't charge....doh!
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

Hi all my 2 pence worth

Facebook .. market place
seems to ve a way forward ...
Ebay /PayPal.. is just far to expensive

Return to “General Discussion”