May TOTM chat thread.

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

May TOTM chat thread.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

And here is the thread to chat about this month's TOTM, its submissions, or any questions you'd like to ask the submitters about their models.
This way we keep the submission thread tidy for ease of viewing the submissions during the eventual voting week, thank you.

You can find the submission thread here.
May TOTM submission thread. - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=203&t=31571
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: May TOTM chat thread.

Post by Jimster »

That looks great, Mr. Bix! The tracks and wheels are especially stunningly realistic. Another inspiration is the weld lines.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Thank you Mr HERMAN BIX for our first marvellous submission :clap: :clap:

Although it does look like it's suffering from the lockdown and in dire need of a barbers ;)

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Herman,

Love the look of that JT! The black and white photos are very realistic. I also like the rear deck, pintle mounted MG. Top notch as always! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Thank you Mr Tubby for our second marvellous submission :clap: :clap:

Tubby
Recruit

Post by Tubby »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Thank you Mr Tubby for our second marvellous submission :clap: :clap:

Thank you very much.

I'd be quite happy to lose to Mr.Bix, his work and photography are quite excellent!
Last edited by Tubby on Mon May 10, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Tubby wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:Thank you Mr Tubby for our second marvellous submission :clap: :clap:

Thank you very much.

I'd be quite happy to lose to Mr.Bix, his work and photography are quite excellent!
With that attitude and mindset you deserve extra thanks for entering. Thank you :clap: :clap:

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Thank you Mr Jnewboy for our third marvellous submission :clap: :clap:

Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

This is great! Tiger variations from Australia, the UK, and the US! I have so enjoyed reading RCTW postings from all around the world. You all do such great work.

I noticed our Californian's disclaimer: perhaps a good reminder, not needed all the time, but just once in a while for any casual viewers out there who may not understand modeling. Here's a little bit that surprised me. Some years ago, I stepped off the Amtrak running across the Southwestern US (yes, the train was stopped at the time). Looking up I saw a building with a frieze decorated with Schwastikas. Yikes! Later, my friends from New Mexico explained that the Schwastika was once a Native American symbol, long before it was associated with evil.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Hello prof.
I do believe the Schwastika was also an ancient Israeli symbol. There has been many variations over time within many cultures, but I believe they all had peaceful interpretations. Well, that is until a corporal got his clutches on it.

As for the TOTM entries submitted from around the globe (corners of the planet for flat Earthers). Yes, it is rather cool :thumbup:

Speaking of which, are there any more members that would like to add to our modest collection of submissions?

Return to “Tank of the Month”