Hello from New England

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Hemifan
Recruit

Hello from New England

Post by Hemifan »

Greetings to the forum...

I have been a modeler for years and have recently become interested in RC tanks after catching a few Youtube vids with amazing projects and some web research. Currently, I have a Heng Long Sherman M4A3 and a Tiger I on the way. The plan to detail and upgrade both as accurate as I am able by scratch building with materials on hand or 3d printing parts and accessories. The Tiger is an Ebay parts project that has most all of the major assembly minus the tool attachments for the hull as well as missing a metal track and drive sprocket that I hope to source before having to purchase a new set.

The Sherman is the first up for detailing. Metal road wheels and suspension will replace the plastic ones current on the model. I have assembled the M2 .50 adding sights with styrene plastic and some stowage ammo boxes made from popscicle sticks along with 3d printed jerry cans and pail. Tarps will come next and hull detailing with the scratch bits and those that came with the Sherman. I may add more crew members as budget allows. Finally a new paint job with light weathering.

Thank you for having this site available for us hobbyists. It is a terrific resource.
Attachments
sherman.jpg
sherman.jpg (74.63 KiB) Viewed 988 times
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello from New England

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I hope we come to be more than a resource to you over the coming years but we welcome any (Semi) relevant questions as well as just about anything that you can twist into matters concerning us :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome from Illinois. I think you’re really going to enjoy it here.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Enjoy giving a bit of extra character to the Sherman, before the Tiger, that's waiting in the wings (or the dread Bocage... 8O ) grabs your attention, as it certainly will. :thumbup:
I hope you have plenty of storage space available, as the hobby has the well-known, and well-documented side-effect of armour acquisitiveness. :D
I call it 'Turret Syndrome' :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

“I call it 'Turret Syndrome”
Oh brother! :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Or perhaps Terrets ******* syndrome which considering the language emanating from my workshop would be even more apt :{ :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hi there, HemiFan! :think: that moniker sure suggests another interest of yours. I'd guess you are somewhere in the US (I'm in Wisconsin), given the Hemi interest and the Sherman. I have a friend who has quite a few of those Hemi thingies, real ones, that is, and I have enough Shermans to take on a Tiger with a few left over. :haha:

Hey, 43rd: "turret" syndrome? Oh, you sure twisted that one around! :D
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Our Challenger has a 6.4L Hemi. Does that count?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Good enough for me! As you might guess, I was referring to the MoPar polyglass burners of fifty years ago. Nonehtless, among the US automakers attempts to revive the "Pony Cars" of the late 'sixties and early 'seventies, at first Dodge got the look right. Is yours one of the newer ones or one of the vintage ones?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

2017 Scat Pack. Pardon the thread hijacking. I’ve gotta quit doing that!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”