Exhaust?

Fixes and mods for the HL Panzer III
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Exhaust?

Post by SimonCornes »

A question, the standard HL tank is the tauchpanzer version with a strange exhaust arrangement on the back plate. I want to convert mine into a bog standard North African DAK machine (Ausf J early ?) so which exhaust should I use? Forgebear have 2 - the Mato metal exhaust and another one - make unknown - for possibly an Ausf M which features a resin back plate and what looks like a very nice cast metal muffler with the plumbing for a smoke tube - much more expensive and currently our of stock. But which one should I use? Indeed, do I need either? Could I just remove the weird thing with the standard HL tank - or is my tank actually missing a muffler as it wasn't bought new?
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Exhaust?

Post by Tiger6 »

Neither. you need the exhaust off of the HL Ausf L. The M model exhaust is later, and the Tauchpanzer had its muffler removed as part of being adapted for use underwater.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

If you want modify Tauchpanzer to other version there is much more changes than only a muffler. Anyway it's strange that HL produce such niche veriosn on Panzer III.
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Kaczor wrote:If you want modify Tauchpanzer to other version there is much more changes than only a muffler. Anyway it's strange that HL produce such niche veriosn on Panzer III.
Totally agree, very obscure version! Just a standard tank would have been fine!
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Tiger6 wrote:Neither. you need the exhaust off of the HL Ausf L. The M model exhaust is later, and the Tauchpanzer had its muffler removed as part of being adapted for use underwater.
Wonder how I can get hold of one of those?!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Kaczor wrote:If you want modify Tauchpanzer to other version there is much more changes than only a muffler. Anyway it's strange that HL produce such niche veriosn on Panzer III.
I wish that Heng Long would produce a Swimming PZ4 instead of leaving the alterations up to me :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

SimonCornes wrote:
Tiger6 wrote:Neither. you need the exhaust off of the HL Ausf L. The M model exhaust is later, and the Tauchpanzer had its muffler removed as part of being adapted for use underwater.
Wonder how I can get hold of one of those?!!
Right, now I know what that is and where to get one from - thank you!!
Antonin88
Recruit

Post by Antonin88 »

Moje odpov?? na základní otázku :mám pz 3l na van? tauchpanzeru. Osobn? bych ocenil vanu že stug 3. Do té nete?e. Tauchpanzer není moc povedený, ale když se použijí kovové ramena a kovové pásy, p?ední kola a kovová p?evodovka, díky tomu je sice t?žší, ale váha pomáhá trakci. Plus napínání pás? a 6.0 deska a je tu tank, který mohl klidn? jezdit v této podob? kv?li prohazovani díl? mezi stroji.A taky jezdí... Jen jsem kv?li prostoru vynechal kou?.
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Antonin88 wrote:Moje odpov?? na základní otázku :mám pz 3l na van? tauchpanzeru. Osobn? bych ocenil vanu že stug 3. Do té nete?e. Tauchpanzer není moc povedený, ale když se použijí kovové ramena a kovové pásy, p?ední kola a kovová p?evodovka, díky tomu je sice t?žší, ale váha pomáhá trakci. Plus napínání pás? a 6.0 deska a je tu tank, který mohl klidn? jezdit v této podob? kv?li prohazovani díl? mezi stroji.A taky jezdí... Jen jsem kv?li prostoru vynechal kou?.

Hi Antonin88
I think you're right - much easier to get an Ausf L upper hull complete with turret!! One snag, can't get one at a sensible price! I've just seen a tauchpanzer upper hull on ebay listed for £70 plus postage - crazy! Mind might just end up as a Frankentank!!
Simon
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Probably better off searching AliExpress than eBay, you could get the Panzer III Ausf L upper hull, mufflers and exhaust deflector for less than £20.

Return to “HL Panzer III”