Shipping from Germany

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Shipping from Germany

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Today, I was looking for a specific item which was only available from Hong Kong. The price was £58,which was very good. The cheapest delivery cost was £58, not very good. The item still remains on their shelves
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

Tiger6 wrote:
Shootermcgraw wrote:I'm still waiting for this so called free trade agreements to kick in....
Free trade just means trade free from Tariffs, Quotas and other restrictions designed to protect a countries home market. Free trade deals will have no effect on the price of our toys, as they are not subject to these restrictions.

I can definitely agree on part of that.... I think the real cost saver would be in the (TTIP) Agreement. Unfortunately that is off the table for now. :/

You can call me Will:
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi,
i recommend Ali Express....
FreeShipping.jpg
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Tiger6 wrote:
Shootermcgraw wrote:I'm still waiting for this so called free trade agreements to kick in....
Free trade just means trade free from Tariffs, Quotas and other restrictions designed to protect a countries home market. Free trade deals will have no effect on the price of our toys, as they are not subject to these restrictions.
TTIP would not make our toys any cheaper, nor will it reduce shipping costs or the need for customs paperwork, import duties, or VAT/State Sales tax.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transatla ... artnership
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

Tiger6 wrote:
Tiger6 wrote:
TTIP would not make our toys any cheaper, nor will it reduce shipping costs or the need for customs paperwork, import duties, or VAT/State Sales tax.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transatla ... artnership
Thank you tiger for clarification on "So called free trade agreements or deals", I was truly being sarcastic about my comment-comments about the costs of products we buy... I could or should have been more specific about my complaints and the differences in shipping, custom, vat, fees and taxes? But none of this have anything to do with free trade agreements. Really I'm not here for a debate, I'm just another disgruntled foreign purchaser....Image

Sent from my ONA19TB003 using Tapatalk

You can call me Will:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

"Really I'm not here for a debate"
Says the person that joins in on a debate with the masses :/
I too sometimes use a dotted line after a sarcastic comment, although that should be taken that there is to be a follow up to the original statement, some people can miss the sarcastic meaning. I think we should both start using an eye's raised emoji instead ;) especially as it's hard to know what is sometimes meant within the written word ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Harry Serpent
Private

Post by Harry Serpent »

All the Bitching about Postage from out side the UK, isn’t going to change Anything.
Just don’t buy if you can’t afford it, or pay the price and get on with it. :crazy:
Harry Serpent Profesional Coffin Dodger.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

It is my experience in life if you are prepared to roll over after getting a kicking then you will get another kicking, If you stand up and defend your corner if you lose you have at least tried,
Apathy will kill this Country,It will destroy your soul.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

We, in this forum, have an international network that we can exploit to help one another, as many of us do already. Let's see what we can do! :thumbup:
Last edited by Son of a gun-ner on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed a political statement that was a personal political view.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I dont have a soul................I have awful exchange rates and a geographic disadvantage...............If ya dont need it, there is no cost, if ya DO need it, there is a cost. Or, go without it & make it yourself.
Down here, there is nothing available............no Forgebear up the road, no Welsh Dragon Models, no helpful and relatively close Continental European suppliers, no Imex's...............nothing. The ones we have access to have nothing.

Think your northern Hemisphere selves quite privileged to have to use your respective first rate world leading currency to pay for a higher shipping rate, that is STILL LESS than anything we can get on this side of the globe, that has to only travel virtually down the street to get to you. :/ :/ :/

GBP/USD/EU $$??...............cry me a river.......................if you think your having a rough time, there is always someone having a worse one.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “General Questions”