TROUBLE AT CLARK ??

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

TROUBLE AT CLARK ??

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I got the heads up that RC tank legion out of Malaysia has been stripped of its Clark board dealer status...........
Seems to have caused a lot of backlash.
Is this indicative of the way things have gone with the pretend-release of new tanks, or just a localised issue that has leaked into the public domain you think ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: TROUBLE AT CLARK ??

Post by Jimster »

First I’ve heard of it. His videos really helped me out at times.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

There is some drama shared on FB Page of Clark Models:
https://www.facebook.com/CLARK-MODEL-313209919787
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

There was a thread in world rc tank community where Stanley says he has been "kicked" (well, ceased distribution) by Clark, and a bunch of unhappy users appeared and started complaining against Clark products reliability, installation problems among other things, but specially Clark's behaviour.

I know some people love Clark products but IMHO from his miriad of boards not even one suits any of my needs. Biggest shame is he says he does what he wants, not listening to his customers at all and even laughs about functions request.

But fall for ones, rise for others! The great thing of this is RC tanks australia will start producing new boards soon which are way more feature rich than any Clark product. I think this is a great news for our hobby, let's see what appears now in the market! :D
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
tankme

Post by tankme »

So the ASP is coming back?
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

This is the latest from Kevin at RC Tanks Australia which does not bode well at least for the near future
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I got the heads up that RC tank legion out of Malaysia has been stripped of its Clark board dealer status...........
Seems to have caused a lot of backlash. Is this indicative of the way things have gone with the pretend-release of new tanks, or just a localised issue that has leaked into the public domain you think ?
According to Clark it appears to from a violation of his distributor's sales agreement by RCTL selling out of his region but then who truly knows. One thing's for certain, there's nothing quite like a blood feud between ethnic Chinese from different countries. Tends to get nasty.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:I got the heads up that RC tank legion out of Malaysia has been stripped of its Clark board dealer status...........
Seems to have caused a lot of backlash. Is this indicative of the way things have gone with the pretend-release of new tanks, or just a localised issue that has leaked into the public domain you think ?
According to Clark it appears to from a violation of his distributor's sales agreement by RCTL selling out of his region but then who truly knows. One thing's for certain, there's nothing quite like a blood feud between ethnic Chinese from different countries. Tends to get nasty.
Shame if thats the case, its a global economy, ..........region ????...........a customer wants something from a vendor he can afford, trust, or some other reason, as long as the product is moving, that should be the aim.
Anyway, could be the start of a decline, only time will tell.
If I wanted a Clark, I would want get it from Mr Mekker (reasons listed above) but the postage & exchange rate kills me every time.
Hes not in my "Region" either I assume, but thats MY choice about who I buy from, not the product vendors.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Clark put me off by programming with the remote control ;) His never ending story with virtual models are another matter.

Stanley Tay announced the premiere of a new board soon, we will see ;)
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Shame if thats the case, its a global economy, ..........region ????...........a customer wants something from a vendor he can afford, trust, or some other reason, as long as the product is moving, that should be the aim.
Anyway, could be the start of a decline, only time will tell.
If I wanted a Clark, I would want get it from Mr Mekker (reasons listed above) but the postage & exchange rate kills me every time.
Hes not in my "Region" either I assume, but thats MY choice about who I buy from, not the product vendors.[/quote]

For reasons that I have bored the Forum with time without end I will have nothing to do with "Tankzone" BUT for reasons that I have never understood CLARK made them their official dealer in the UK,
With that in mind I bought my first CLARK board from http://www.heng-long-panzer.de/en/as with every other purchase from them it was a pleasure to deal with them,
Knowing now about "Maxmekker" any further CLARK boards that take my interest will come from him and I am pretty certain that the law is in favour of the buyer not a licencee when it comes to buying from anyone other than an "Official Dealer" :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Discussion”