Returning after a 12 year absence

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
VonRundstedt2.0
Recruit

Returning after a 12 year absence

Post by VonRundstedt2.0 »

Hello,
I've recently returned to this hobby after a 12 year break! Sorry if I can't remember anyone. Before, i was know as Vonrundstedt, I attended a few shows, one being held at the Mucklebrough collection, and my tank collection back then comprised of (but not limited to) T-34 ARV, Vietnam era Walker Bulldog, home made Japanese Ha-Go light tank and Russian Ambulance made from an Indiana Jones truck. All sadly gone now, though I'm hoping some pictures may still remain on here. I've recently finished the HL M4a3 Sherman, Torro Tiger 1 and I'm currently working on a Challenger. Looking forward to getting back into the hobby.

Regards,
Luke.
Last edited by VonRundstedt2.0 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VonRundstedt2.0
Recruit

Re: Retuning after a 12 year absence

Found a pic......YAY!
Attachments
zis 6+ 00001.JPG
zis 6+ 00001.JPG (64.32 KiB) Viewed 764 times
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Retuning after a 12 year absence

Post by Tiger6 »

Welcome back, I remember you from a show or 2 back in the day - I think the last one was organised by Severn Valley MVT, somewhere off the M5. Lovely day on the Friday, ended up in a wash out on the Sunday...
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Returning after a 12 year absence

Post by EAO »

Welcome back VonR2.0,

Those are some beauties from back in the day! I too take time off from hobbies. About every third or fourth year I rotate my obsessions. Firearms, militaria (though this remains as an almost constant), the sports car, and for now, RC tanks! :/

Good to have you with us!
Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hi there! Are you the same VonRundstedt who used to post on Hobby Havoc, too? That forum has been sadly quiet for some time now, but HermannBix is here full strength. This is such an enjoyable group, although given to using thick glasses, canes, sildanofil...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Hi there! Are you the same VonRundstedt who used to post on Hobby Havoc, too? That forum has been sadly quiet for some time now, but HermannBix is here full strength. This is such an enjoyable group, although given to using thick glasses, canes, sildanofil...

No mate, it’s not him sorry.
The HH one does occasionally look in here but only as a guest
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
VonRundstedt2.0
Recruit

Here's me, seems soo long ago now! I'm now in South Wales now. I've managed to find a few more pics of my tanks aswell :D . I thought they were destined to be a distant memory as they were taken before phone cameras were easily accessible.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210410-111632_Chrome.jpg
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thanks for the ID help, HermanBix. VonRundstedt2.0: I would enjoy seeing new photos; I'd bet others would, too.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”