April TOTM submission, now voting thread.

April Poll

Poll ended at Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:20 am

Classy Hobby M5A1 Stuart
50%
Torro KV1
28%
Spyker Workshop Scorpion
22%
Taigen M4A3 (76)
No votes

Total votes: 32

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

April TOTM submission, now voting thread.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello TOTM fans :wave:
It's now time to dust off those shelf Queens and get those cameras clicking.

As usual, you have seven days to submit some RC military modelling eye candy.
Anyone can enter by posting up to eight visual representations of the single model you want us to drool over, with some text about it. Well, that is anyone apart from last month's winner.

And, as always, we look forward to seeing what gems are submitted.

You can find this month's chat thread here.
April TOTM chat thread. - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=203&t=31432
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Re: April TOTM submission thread.

Post by lmcq11 »

Hi,

This is a 1/16 Classy Hobby M5A1 Stuart static kit converted to RC. It is a custom designed conversion using 1/16 industry components that i was able to fit inside without too much problems and which provide very smooth control. The recoil mechanism was custom built. Doing this conversion is enjoyable and is actually simpler than building the plastic kit itself, which has some difficult components to assemble. The build can be seen at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30499&start=60 on this forum.

The model features the following
- Clark TK-60 control board
- Mato Panzer III gearbox
- Turret rotation with Heng Long rotation unit
- Main gun servo elevation with servo recoil, flash and sound. Home made barrel and recoil system.
- Coax machine gun with flash and sound, using converted brass Aber Browning
- Bow machine gun with servo horizontal mouvement, flash and sound, using converted brass Aber Browning
- Mato headlights and tail lights
- Heng Long speaker
RC 1/16 Stuart Conversion from Classy Hobby static kit
And here is a short video of the model in action.
phpBB [video]

Regards, Louis
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

Hello,

This is a torro KV1 . I have done a small amount of detail , like mesh air intakes , bolt hooks on rear , filled in bits , and cut off bits ,like the circles on the roof ,remade the front light and added a smaller cooler led that gives a more vintage glow , made the antenna and engine cover cable and hook , it has a main gun flash and machine gun flash, and I also added 4 opening metal hatches. I gave it a repaint and weathered then added some hits . Also installed the Taigen series 3 5.1 metal gearbox and covered . Then fitted it with the Elmod Eco and connected the only servo to the main gun recoil . Also fitted the full Elmod IR battle system and fitted a Tarr smoker . Also made a new KV Sound set , all start ,drive ,stop, brake , gearchange revs etc all taking from real tank sounds and put in , also 24 user sounds installed , you can find the build thread here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31417 . Also put all the sounds on the Elmod forum .

Must admit that this is my first attempt at modelling for about 40 years when I was a kid and even then I didn't do much . so pitting myself against a master modeller like Imcq11 and the superb SHANTY IRISH is a bit like Mr Bean going 12 rounds with Conor McGregor , in 1 corner the naive eejit and the other the master engineer . But it's about showing off what we're proud off , and I'm good at that! . And Imcq11 , I am also going to use that moving gun idea in my tiger and I've already ordered some dark steel pigment for my Sherman . Love your Stuart.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Attachments
kv 1 build 14.jpg
kv 1 build 13.jpg
kv 1 build 11.jpg
kv 1 build 17.jpg
kv 1 build 24.jpg
kv 1 build 18.jpg
adeh
Recruit

Post by adeh »

Hi,

I'll add this to help make up the numbers.

It's a Spyker Workshop 1/16 scale Scorpion 3d printed in ABS using the files purchased from Spyker.
It's fitted with a Heng Long V6.1 board.
It uses a servo for barrel elevation and another for recoil.
Turret rotation is 360 degrees and is powered by a continuous rotation servo.
The barrel is also fitted with a gun flash led and the coaxial machine gun also has a led.
There's an infra red emitter installed next to the machine gun and the Heng Long V6 mushroom for infra red battles.
Headlights, side lights and tail lights are all functional.
Sound is provided by the Heng Long board
Attachments
scorpion2.jpg
scorpion.jpg
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Oh well, I think I've left this month's TOTM open for submissions long enough.

So, just to add to the numbers, I'll submit the second tank I acquired for my grandson.

It's a Taigen Sherman M4A3 (76), which has the all metal chassis and completely metal running gear, and steel 4:1 gearboxes. Which was supplied by forgebear.
It is controlled via a six channel flysky, through a IBU2 Ultimate, which was supplied by tankbear.
The paint was applied by the forum member frankie, including the hand painted Peggy.
My apologies for the less than military figures, unfortunately the tank was used as a prop for a new figure acquisition, and we never got around to taking any other pictures.
Frankie showing off his handiwork before I took possession.
Frankie showing off his handiwork before I took possession.
24129897_733541590169549_7752759133174250733_n.jpg (51.38 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
Who removed the do not climb sign.
Who removed the do not climb sign.
Now they're for it
Now they're for it
Just a short video taken at the 2019 Blackpool RC model show, with my grandson demonstrating its maneuverability.

"Taigen Sherman M4A3 (76)"
phpBB [video]
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Tank of the Month”