Torro KV 1 864 build ,repaint, weather, elmod new sounds

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Torro KV 1 864 build ,repaint, weather, elmod new sounds

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

What a triumph of sound! I especially like the start-up sequence because you capture the cantankerousness of an old engine.

(Then, too, I was amazed by the video of the Russians starting up their old, old IBU 152. I am left to wonder how much rebuilding was done in between the sequences of the video. I would not have thought the tracks would be frozen in rust.)
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

Yes Doc , considering the ISU had been sitting there 65 years apparently , It wasn't in that bad of condition to get moving again . And I bet you if they never burnt a whole through the barrel ,it would also have been capable of firing a shell . :O
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Looks great.

I have the older Taigen KV-1 bar that used screws to hold it on instead of the latch. I did the same thing and put magnets underneath it since I'm not a fan of the Taigen latches.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Just fantastic :clap: :clap:
The sound set you have constructed is superb.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

TOTM :D
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

Cheers guys I'm glad you liked the sounds , makes all them hours worth while . :thumbup:
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

Done another video today after a little adjustments . The tarr smoker is working but not a lot of smoke . I'm wondering if the speed of the tank looks scale . I have set the speed at 60 on the Elmod , so I could speed it up a little , any advice on that would be great . And I also have a video of the 24 user sounds , but maybe I should post that on the Elmod Forum ? :think:
phpBB [video]
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Cpt. Hilts,

I do say you nailed it! :clap: I love the paint job and the sounds are amazing! I agree with the good Herr Dr. about the startup sounds. I had a 1969 Jeep that sounded like that through every January in Wisconsin (I'm sure Herr Dr. can relate to that too)! :lolno: Got to love the Elmod board. In the instruction manual there is a simple formula to use to get the speed the same as the real KV. I'm not a huge fan of Russian armor, but when done to such a superb level, I find them very refreshing! Kaczor is right, TOTM material for sure!

You know, these Russian monsters are really starting to grow on me! :wtf:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
tankme

Post by tankme »

Now if there were only a huge puff of black diesel smoke when it finally fires...that would be cool... :) Good job.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

Thanks for the Kind comments guys :thumbup: , thanks Eric I will have a look through the manual again for that formula , and yes if only I could get a puff off black smoke coming out :think:

Moving over to the Elmod forum to show off all the user Sounds , there's a lot but I like them and it couln't get more Russian . see if you like them. :wave:

Return to “Other Builds”