Shipping from Germany

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Shipping from Germany

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Well Shaun, like you said, with this particular topic it's unavoidable.
And two of us mods have contributed to the discussion at hand, although, Mr Bix probably thinks we are a whinging bunch of Poms because we've had it so good for so long compared to those in the Australasia area lol.

Mr Jackalope was merely giving out a gentle reminder to keep things civil like they have been so far.
As you know, we just want to avoid two sides of the political spectrum colliding on this forum (there are other places on the world wide web dedicated to that sort of thing, Twatter instance).
It doesn't matter which side ones on, what's done is done, now it's best to just make the most of it, and share devious ways to stick it to the tax man/woman/other, but don't say it too loudly, we don't want them getting ideas and spoiling our fun ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

We just don't want our forum to devolve into mud slinging and name calling. I'm literally going through what I don't want to happen here elsewhere all because someone took something out of context politically and went ape shit bonkers on me. I apologized for any misunderstanding but the damage is done and I had to block the person.
Y'all can chat about whatever strikes your fancy as long as it doesn't get nasty. That's all I was getting at in my previous post.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Hello,
I have been ordering parts from Germany through the Amazing Forgebear for the last couple of Builds. I'm in the US but still as Dave is kind to remind me, I am taking a hiding for the parts I need from German sites because of their postal rates. ( not going to name names since anyone here ordering from Germany knows whereof I speak ) It's everywhere, Gentlemen. One day, hopefully, things will get better.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

All hail Forgebear.
Attachments
giphy (7).gif
giphy (7).gif (2.03 MiB) Viewed 970 times
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

jarndice wrote:The EU will sooner or later be forced by European Commercial interests to stop giving grief to the UK and trade will resume in a relatively sensible fashion between the EU and the UK.
Probably later. It's all politics. The EU has to show the members: if you leave you will have problems like the UK.
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

It's like somebody said above, so long as we don't express our political views, discussing the simple symptoms and how to avoid catching a cold is just life and we are all playing that game. This thread can be very helpful providing we keep it all factual and constructive.

As l mentioned in the 'Sailing' thread, l ordered several items from China over the past couple of weeks, all free post, and all have already arrived. Not bad.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

General Jumbo01 wrote:It's like somebody said above, so long as we don't express our political views, discussing the simple symptoms and how to avoid catching a cold is just life and we are all playing that game. This thread can be very helpful providing we keep it all factual and constructive.

As l mentioned in the 'Sailing' thread, l ordered several items from China over the past couple of weeks, all free post, and all have already arrived. Not bad.

Presumably, before the Suez Canal got a severe case of constipation :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

We'll actually, no,. I think Banggood are using the new cross land China express goods train service now, non-stop 3 days if l remember correctly. All envelopes/boxes were correctly* customs labelled and handled by the Post Office our end.

*more or less......

Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

General Jumbo01 wrote:We'll actually, no,. I think Banggood are using the new cross land China express goods train service now, non-stop 3 days if l remember correctly. All envelopes/boxes were correctly* customs labelled and handled by the Post Office our end.

*more or less......

My understanding is it would be quicker and cheaper if there was only one gauge throughout the trip but there are multiple gauges, also the 3 days is from the railhead in the PRC to the railhead in Europe, Customs and other delays add a lot more time.
And you then have to add distribution and warehousing to the total journey time from the dealer to the customer.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

General Jumbo01 wrote:We'll actually, no,. I think Banggood are using the new cross land China express goods train service now, non-stop 3 days if l remember correctly. All envelopes/boxes were correctly* customs labelled and handled by the Post Office our end.

*more or less......

I would be more interested in the German express train if there were such a thing for cheaper postal costs? Guess we're all stuck with the tax imposed on us from that sector.....what a joke.Image

Sent from my 9032Z using Tapatalk

You can call me Will:

Return to “General Questions”