Shipping from Germany

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Shipping from Germany

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

john1970 wrote:If you go on axel's site put a random part in the basket and play around with the postage drop down menu the UK charge is the same as Australia and more expensive than the US.
asiatam still charge the same so do Atak model
One shock was quite enough, John. :O , but thanks for the additional info. Leaving the EU didn't mean physically shifting these islands into the South Seas, however.
That massive increase simply can't be fair, or right. :thumbdown: Those are NASA rates for postcards to Mars.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

As I mentioned in an earlier post Banggood are refusing to post some products to the UK and certain German dealers will not post to the UK at least for the present,
I think some European dealers are waiting for the dust to settle before getting back into dealing with UK buyers,
Once they know what tax or extra paperwork if any to apply then trade will resume but don't expect it to be cheaper.
The high rates charged by the dealers who are selling into the UK is probably all about protecting their collective ar*e's in case their or the UK tax office come looking for more money.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

No matter what i order from Axel's for shipping to Canada, the shipping cost is 36EU... A few spare track links is 36EU.... Three complete 1/16 scale tank kits in large boxes is 36EU total !!! I have learned to bundle up and save a fortune for unbeatable shipping costs.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

there is "modelbauseidels" which is cheaper, price and shipping costs, but no longer send to France? for supposedly European security issues (vigipirate) is the explanation given) ?? but only do Tamiya.
i don't know if it is the same for england or poland ??
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi,
shipping to uk has become more expensive after brexit, because customs declaration ist neccesary and administrative costs are charged.
now DHL cost: package up to 2kg - insurance up to 50,-€ - tracking = 12,89€
before brexit it was arround 8,-€
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

Hello 43rd,
Those are extortionate charges for post and shipping and, frankly, where I come across this I quite simply take my business elsewhere. Recently, I have been re-stocking parts and accessories and expanding my small RC tank collection.
I have been purchasing from a number of sources including, as an example, RCTank.de in Germany and the service has been outstanding. I was a little apprehensive because of the recent political developments across Europe but, in fact, I need not to have worried. On one occasion I ordered a collection of small parts for Panzer III build which came to around 80 Euro. The post and shipping (small package) was about 12 Euro. On another occasion I ordered a full RTR Panther G and a number of parts coming to over 500 Euro. Delivery via DHL to my door in about 6 days cost 37 Euro for shipping (big parcel of course) which I thought was quite reasonable (I have paid as much for domestic P&P on similar size and weight items 8O ).
Given the present situation I thought this was very very good indeed, and a lot less hassle or cost than I anticipated. :clap:

Other orders with RCTank.de have been similarly dealt with so I can happily recommend Dominic as at least one supplier of all things RC tank that is not playing the same game some might (and I only say 'might') be playing. Such is life, so they say! :crazy: :D
Guido Henn
Lance Corporal

Post by Guido Henn »

Hello,

The cheapest package ( until 5kg) with tracking and insurance from Germany to Great Britain costs 26.99 euros with DHL. Sending goods by Deutsche Post costs 7.00 euros, but you cannot send large items there; it is insured for up to 20 euros.

A serious businessman will ship with DHL, because if a delivery goes missing, he is liable.

Before you continue discussing, you should put yourself in the shoes of the consignor. What would you do?

with regards,Guido
Afrikakorps
Corporal

Post by Afrikakorps »

Just noticed this thread, and I have to agree with Herman, you should all see see just how expensive it is to ship to Australia !
Example:
(butterfly screw set 6.5€ + postage 50€ + import duty 10% )
Just imagine paying ( Brexit or no Brexit ) 62€ or 53£ or US$73 for such a small item.

Think yourselves lucky that you can even get your items.
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind
Sturmtiger
KV-2
M26 Pershing
T-34/76 (1943)
KV-1
M3 Lee
Ferdinand / Elephant
M16 Half-track
Panther G
M4a1 (75mm)
M41 Walker Bulldog
JS-2
M4a3e8 (76mm)
Japanese Type94
FT-17
Tiger 1
Saracen
Lance Corporal

Post by Saracen »

I recently tried to order a metal 3D printed part from a company similar to Shapeways, but they would only ship to the UK if the buyer was a VAT registered company.

Adrian.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Hello
There is my 5 cents in in this discussion...

I am not surprised by the decisions of these ( usually small ) companies.
This is because small businesses, without the support of lawyers, are not always able to find their place in the new regulations, and they are de facto forced to associate with an intermediaries ( lawyers and tax advisers ) who (due to the new VAT regulations on islands) will register their company in the UK and represent them at the UK Tax Office. Not everyone wants to do this and incur additional costs.
Below is a description of such a situation:

Example 3. Sales from your own online store directly to a consumer in the UK for less than £ 135
Direct delivery is exempt from customs duties and import VAT in the UK. VAT is charged in Great Britain on a point-of-sale basis. In practice, this means that the seller should register for VAT in the UK, issue an invoice with the British tax and pay it to the British tax office. There are no thresholds here from which the German (Polish) seller is subject to this obligation. Thus, the very first B2C sale in the territory of the UK will trigger the obligation to register for VAT in the UK.

The full article is here:
https://jadzynlt.pl/2021/02/11/ Sprzeda?-wysylkowa-do-wielkiej-brytanii/
For those who do not speak Polish fluently. Use google tarnslator or translate button :)

My advice. Buy on eBay. There, the vat is charged automatically for each transaction and the seller does not have to register in the UK for VAT ...

I hope I helped

Btw. 50% of Britons voted for Breit. Did no one tell you it was going to be an expensive divorce ???

Return to “General Questions”