Latest Geordie to join the ranks.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
gavlar0
Recruit

Re: Latest Geordie to join the ranks.

Post by gavlar0 »

Ok so I'm not sure where I should post it but I would like to start a post on the Tiger 1 project, the problems, the pictures, the successes etc. Can this be in one place or should it be split into relevant areas?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them"
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

As it is a Heng Long Tiger, I would open a thread in the Heng Long builds, and post it all in there - photos, achievements, disasters ( hopefully not too many), problems, ideas. Whatever comes your way.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

If you plan over time to upload photos of your progress and explain your triumphs and frustrations, I suggest posting under "HengLong builds" at viewforum.php?f=22. If I am wrong, I count on Herman Bix or others to correct my suggestion. :)
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

Hello Gav. The IMAX B6AC charger was my first charger and still is. Good all rounder for the money . :wave:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Sure you may call me "prof"; "Ed" works, too. It's a joke. Here in the states, few people--much less "stoonts"--call a professor "Dr." "Hey you" is more common. In Germany the formal title is "Herr Dr. Professor." When I retired, I took on the moniker as a joke.
Before I joined the service after five years of two days a week release at a Technical college as well as three evenings a week I completed my Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering which made me officially an Engineer,
Boy how I wish I had achieved that in a German College because they know how to big up people with such a qualification ---Dr Ing :clap: :clap:
Whereas I got a piece of paper that no one ever looks at :'( (The positive is that when I joined the service I was exempt education in the list of qualifications I needed for promotion )
The lack of recognition of peoples qualifications in this country is quite disgraceful most especially when you consider the cost in time and money that students expend while they see former schoolmates earning large amounts of cash and spending their evenings and weekends on the razzle,
Try telling a 17 year old that he will be the better for it in the future :lolno:
My lady returned to Loughborough University to finish her studies some years ago gaining a Doctorate and nobody ever calls her Doctor and that after all the hard work and years of study seems most unfair. :thumbdown:
So Herr Doctor Professor I have nothing but the highest regard for the hard work you have put in to get where you have,
I just hope you think it was worth it :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

The whole experience of my sixteen years of post-secondary education and twenty-nine years of college teaching and so much more, always challenging and never lucrative, was unexpectedly interesting and brought me the friendship of caring people of integrity from all over the US. I have been fortunate.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”