New guy from Alberta,Canada

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: New guy from Alberta,Canada

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome along Mr Tanker, you’ve come to the right place for all things RC tank :thumbup:
I’ve been on a fleeting visit to Canada, flew into Calgary then drove a hundred or so miles to Red Dear.
Stayed there for 3 days.
Went out from RD to a yard another 100 kms further out where I froze my ass off on a drilling rig for a while !!
Discovered that RD is a coco-cola free zone !! Pepsi only no matter where I went.
Oh well, the girls at Twin Peaks looked after me good & proper. :{ :{ to make up for the lack of coke !

Good times , lovely place and Tim Hortens has the best hot chocolate!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tanker1
Recruit

Post by Tanker1 »

Hi Herman,

I know Red Deer well.
Live and hours drive north.
Could image the shock coming from Australia and working in Alberta during the cold weather months.

Tim Hortons has the best coffee great donuts too.

No comment on the girls LOL.
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Post by Rattlesnake road »

Alberta is nice in the Summer but too cold in the Winter. My brother in law has moved back to BC.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome from the Highlands of Scotland, T1 :wave: A lot of us settled (as the name suggests) in Nova Scotia; but I imagine the warmer winds on the West Coast might be more conducive to kilt-wearing.
How's the whisky there? :) Hope it's made from malted barley, as it should be... :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Tanker1
Recruit

Post by Tanker1 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Welcome from the Highlands of Scotland, T1 :wave: A lot of us settled (as the name suggests) in Nova Scotia; but I imagine the warmer winds on the West Coast might be more conducive to kilt-wearing.
How's the whisky there? :) Hope it's made from malted barley, as it should be... :D
Yup the West coast is definitely warmer for kilt wearing. :D
To be honest I don't like Canadian whiskey my favorite drink is Glenlivet 15 year old single malt scotch.
Must be the Stewart in me. :thumbup:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Tanker1 wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:Welcome from the Highlands of Scotland, T1 :wave: A lot of us settled (as the name suggests) in Nova Scotia; but I imagine the warmer winds on the West Coast might be more conducive to kilt-wearing.
To be honest I don't like Canadian whiskey my favorite drink is Glenlivet 15 year old single malt scotch.
:thumbup: :D Jimster's a recent convert to that very slurp!
Yes, most of the Strathspey whiskies have are light and aromatic, and perfect for admiring a hard day's effort on the latest model :thumbup: The older the better. My faves are Glenmorangie (not strictly Strathspey), and The Macallan- single malts only, of course!
They also work as a suitable balm for those mods that weren't quite so successful, let's say...l ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Tanker1
Recruit

Post by Tanker1 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
Tanker1 wrote:
:thumbup: :D Jimster's a recent convert to that very slurp!
Yes, most of the Strathspey whiskies have are light and aromatic, and perfect for admiring a hard day's effort on the latest model :thumbup: The older the better. My faves are Glenmorangie (not strictly Strathspey), and The Macallan- single malts only, of course!
They also work as a suitable balm for those mods that weren't quite so successful, let's say...l ;)
I'm looking to try other scotches.
I prefer something smooth with less bite going down can you recommend something?
Last edited by Tanker1 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

:wave: hello
Tanker1
Recruit

Post by Tanker1 »

Captain Hilts wrote::wave: hello
Hello :wave:
Tanker1