Latest Geordie to join the ranks.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
gavlar0
Recruit

Latest Geordie to join the ranks.

Post by gavlar0 »

Hello all, just joined this group and also the world of RC Tanks (under the excuse that its for my 9 year old son...)

We are going to need a lot of help and probably a fair bit of patience too. Based in the SW UK but originally from Newcastle.

Dont really know what else to say other than I look forward to learning.
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them"
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Latest Geordie to join the ranks.

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Welcome to the forum. You will find us a friendly bunch, always willing to give advice. Some of it is even good advice. It helps if you have a good sense of humour. Seriously, the level of knowledge and skill you will find outstanding. One word of warning, if you ask about the best tank to start with, be prepared to receive a miriad of alternatives. If there is a tank that takes your eye, have a good read through the build threads then ask any questions. Then make your decision.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome gavlar0,

If I had kid's I'd use that excuse too! :D Good to have you with us! So much to see and learn here! Amazing talent and inspiration available at your fingertips! Take a look around and enjoy!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

A joint project between father and 9-year-old son is a memory in the making for decades upon decades to come. Good for you!

Have you any tank(s) yet? If so, let us know; if not, my suggestion: get your son a tank he can run and have fun. Get yourself a tank you can modify or not, just as you like. Then you can start on the rest of the arsenal. :thumbup:
gavlar0
Recruit

Post by gavlar0 »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Welcome to the forum. You will find us a friendly bunch, always willing to give advice. Some of it is even good advice. It helps if you have a good sense of humour. Seriously, the level of knowledge and skill you will find outstanding. One word of warning, if you ask about the best tank to start with, be prepared to receive a miriad of alternatives. If there is a tank that takes your eye, have a good read through the build threads then ask any questions. Then make your decision.
Thank you, good to feel welcomed. We have already got one tank to begin with, Heng Long Tiger 1, just the starter model as we want the fun of upgrading it

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them"
gavlar0
Recruit

Post by gavlar0 »

Thank you guys, got a lot to learn, not only tanks but forums too, this is my first proper forray into this. Just a stock photo for now, more to come.

As I mentioned, we have a Heng Long, 3818, Tiger 1. Image

Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Exact same tank I started with! You’re going to have a good time!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi,Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Their are more upgrades available for the Tiger 1 than for any other 1/16 r/c Tank,
If it is a new Heng Long Tiger 1 then it comes with the best in house control board presently available' the version 6.0 which means that there is no rush to spend a lot of money on aftermarket control boards and an aftermarket transmitter,
Enjoy this Forum and we await your many questions.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
gavlar0
Recruit

Post by gavlar0 »

Actually this comes with the 6.1s system which I presume is newer again?

Again thank you for the welcome, so glad I joined

gavlar0
Recruit

Post by gavlar0 »

I do have one pressing question, I want to invest in a decent multi chemistry charger for batteries from 1800mah to 5 or 6000 mah.

Any advise would be gratefully received

Return to “Introduce Yourself”