WW2 medals insignia and memorabilia

This board is for discussion of replica or original uniforms and equipment (such as rifles, mg's, airsoft).
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: WW2 medals insignia and memorabilia

Post by Jimster »

Mmmmm. A beer stein is even better!
dane61
Lance Corporal

Post by dane61 »

jarndice wrote:
dane61 wrote:
Topper wrote:Hi Dane61,
The large badge next to the EK2 is a "Tag der deutschen Arbeit" the party badge with red field is not one I have seen before, is there a maker on the reverse?
All the best
Frank
The party badge is DNSAP , the danish variant of the german party. It belonged to a relative who had a bad choice in politics.
I wanted to be a soldier in 1962 and the British Army was the only army in town at the time,
Who can say what I would have done if I was a 17 year old Dane in 1940.
Most young men don't think too deeply of matters politic especially when there is the prospect of women, ale and a punch up all that and free food, accommodation and a uniform.
What's that you say? You are going to pay me :haha: :haha: Bring it on.
Jep. Ist hard to judge 80 years later. He ( my grandfather) was trialed after the war, but no sentence. My wifes mother and family was from Lithuania, and were first overrun by Germans, and later from Russians. The boys were taken to the wehrmacht, and the girls were following the front when the russians were pushing
them back. 3 girls and the olds were ending in the west. One boy were MIA one was found in the 50. And one ended the war i Denmark ( later moved to Germany) 3 girls and the old ended in Denmark and were well integreted here, all marrying Danish boys.
taigen tiger1 late ir
HL sherman 105mm BB
HL Sherman M4A3E4ish.BB
HL JP recoil, traverse.
HL M26 ir
HL KV1 ir
WsnT34 ir
HL KV2ish
HL Tiger1 early
HL Panzer IV, ir
dane61
Lance Corporal

Post by dane61 »

The card that the allied provided my wifes granddad
Attachments
3CD909D3-D522-442B-B27D-B9036ED681D2.jpeg
3CD909D3-D522-442B-B27D-B9036ED681D2.jpeg (14.22 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
taigen tiger1 late ir
HL sherman 105mm BB
HL Sherman M4A3E4ish.BB
HL JP recoil, traverse.
HL M26 ir
HL KV1 ir
WsnT34 ir
HL KV2ish
HL Tiger1 early
HL Panzer IV, ir
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

dane61 wrote:The card that the allied provided my wifes granddad
In the very early 50s we had two DP (Displaced Persons) children billeted with us they were very quiet and being brother and sister and both under ten they kept to themselves,
They had no English but me and my eldest sister would take them into the garden to play and for a little while they would smile before disappearing back into whatever memories they had endured,
One day I came home from school and they had gone.
Never forgot them just hoped they found some happiness eventually,
Because we were not invaded we have no idea of the suffering of the innocent civilians in Europe.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Topper wrote:Hi
Photographs taken at the Saumur tank museum, I have a lot of photographs of the Swiss tank museum and tanks in Belgium, if anyone is interested and Bovington tank museum, if you would like to see any of these. just ask.
Regards
Frank
PS this is the mannequin Of Otto Carius I was taking about earlier
I've also taken many pics at Bovington, the Swiss Military Museum (at Full- my son actually lives in Zürich, so not too far away from it) and the Panzer Museum at Munster, many of which have been posted here; but do post any pics you want Topper that you think might be of interest :thumbup: I think you've already slipped into Forum legend with your unique Carius contributions, and so do post away! :D
I also took quite a few pics at the Sinsheim Museum (Technik Museum Sinsheim) years ago, but there are fewer displays of immediate relevance to the forum. Ditto with the museum at Verdun.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Good
Last edited by Topper on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Being at Verdun is like trying to quantify the Universe. It’s just too big and and the casualty numbers are staggering. We were at the ossuary near Duamont and they had just interred another body into the vast numbers of others there, just mind blowing the magnitude of that conflict .
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Hi HERMAN BIX
You took the words out of my mouth,
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I took this pic of Fort Douaumont on its roof, back in 1990. The devastation still looks fresh- even decades later. 8O
My then-teenage son, was busy looking elsewhere. :/ :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

...and here are the remains of a gas shell, I think. I saw it at Beaumont-Hamel, on the Somme, back in 1986. Nearby, was a pit full of barbed wire, curly metal stakes, a rusty gun carriage, and much more. Just part of the tons of war debris that have been collected every year, since the end of the Great War. Regularly, farmers are still injured, or even killed by unexploded ordnance.

Return to “Uniforms / Equipment”