Matorro King Tiger

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Re: Matorro King Tiger

Post by SimonCornes »

Thanks John
Job number one - see if it works!
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

SimonCornes wrote:Well Tiger, I managed to whip the tracks off - for a change the pins came out of the tracks easily - and there were only two screws holding the top on either side. I was able to cut through the back plate/engine deck join with a scalpel very easily. So it has an RX18 MFU and two speakers!!
Well that's a good start - not sure what they hoped to achieve with 2 speakers, we'll just move on...
And a smoker with pipes not attached to the exhausts!
No great loss there then.
So I think I need to improve the back plate/ lower hull join and then make a clip to hold the top edge of the hull to the. Backplate. I bought 100 neodymium-whatever 5mm disc magnets yesterday for about six quid so I think magnets are the way to secure the hull in the future.
Worth a shot, not sure about the mechanics of holding the upper hull to the back plate, you'll probably have to fashion some magnet holders out of Milliput?
Would that be a straightforward case of unplug one, plug in the other?
Pass - if they have bastardised the wiring to get rid of the original Matorro board, then I would carefully check everything before plugging in a known good board - you might find there was a very good reason why this was left as a static model :O
I’m not sure if Taigen do a KT soundboard or if they use a Tiger I? If they use a T1 then a V6.0 might be the best replacement?
Tiger 1 sound's are as close as you will get - after all its the same engine, buried in similarly sealed metal box, with a similar exhaust system. HL's representation of this is so low fidelity that it won't sound like either one in any case. There's always been a suspicion that they sampled the Tamiya sounds from the MF01, which were recorded from the King Tiger at Samur.
Last edited by Tiger6 on Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Thanks Tiger. Regarding engine sounds, to me the sound on the v6.0 seems pretty good. I don’t know what a real maybach sounds like mind you but my Tiger 1 sounds okay - maybe!!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Jofaur86 wrote::D
look between the top of the tracks under the wings of the upper frame, presence of several screws? may be necessary to remove the tracks? for having opened a Sherman, seems to me well that so? of memory
was that correct? can be poorly expressed 8O
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Jofaur86, that was fine! I removed a link pin from each track and could see the hull fixing screws. I’ve taken them all out and separated the hull. Now the real fun starts. The hardware is very much like the Pan-Tiger. As it stands, the motors run - after I swapped the rx-18 receiver as the one in the tank had blown. As to the upper hull, only the mg works. The wires have been altered from the standard arrangement so I will copy the Pan-Tiger wiring. That all works except the gun elevation!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jofaur86 wrote:
look between the top of the tracks under the wings of the upper frame, presence of several screws? may be necessary to remove the tracks? for having opened a Sherman, seems to me well that so? of memory
I have to admit, it wasn't you best attempt at English ;)
But we can understand the meaning :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Jofaur86 wrote:
Jofaur's first language is French so what is your excuse ? :haha: :haha: :haha:
Don't tell me you were being sarcastic.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Oops :{

Bloody predictive :angel:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Jofaur86 wrote:
:eh: correct, i have to admit, i'm not good at english, i use the google translator, and apologize, even if i try as much as possible to be understandable when writing.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I had an entire lower with gearboxes for one.
But I used it to make up a King Tiger static diorama out of left over bits.
A mate of mine has a very new-still in the box Matorro KT that has all its accessories & is in mint condition.
As hes a Tamiya tragic, it will remain in the box for ever..................... :think:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “General Discussion”