Smear free Windscreens.

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
jarndice
Colonel

Smear free Windscreens.

Post by jarndice »

I have been using "Deluxe R/C Modellers Canopy Glue" for some years to secure windscreens and Aircraft Canopy's,
The advertising states it to be Smear free,
if only :lolno:
The answer to a smear free Windshield is a length of Low Tack Tape cut to size leaving just the edge/s that takes the glue tape free,
Stick it to both sides when access to both sides is available after application and fitting of the glazing is finished, obviously when you can only get to one side then more care is needed but the end result is worth the extra effort :thumbup:
Carefully remove the tape once the glue has dried.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Smear free Windscreens.

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

:think:I have never tried the tape. When Covid subsides enough for me to return to a not-so-local hobby store (nothing is local around here), I will check it out. I use a PSA (pressure-sensitive adhesive) glue in modeling 1/48, 1/35, and 1/32. In 1/16 I have even used it to attach small parts such as tools. The PSA can wash off with water before it sets up, and I find that I can usually, with care, peel it off if need be, after it has set. In fact, because I have a bad habit of priming and doing a first coat of finish color on model parts while they are on the tree, I have in some cases used PSA on smaller parts to avoid boogering-up paint, and I usually get lucky.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”