Hello. Another newbie!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Hello. Another newbie!

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D the online product profilers, will be having a field day with your preferences (well, the consumable ones, that is). :haha:
I'm with you on '..Legs.." by the way, :shh: :D
and whilst I have all the early Stones albums, they're not quite in the same league as the Beatles' more innovative offerings.
Good luck with Tankzone, but fingers crossed that you get the tank you need to begin this insane downward spiral (or is it upward :think: )..into addiction. :thumbup:
Also, if you're an 'old git'; but not quite a dinosaur, I'm definitely (like several others here) from the Pleistocene period. :haha: :thumbup:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Greetings Adm,

Now that was a right proper intro! :clap: I also feel "old", but at 53 I really can't claim that...as some other gent's on here have occasionally reminded me. :haha: :/ I too prefer the Stone's to the Beatles. Actually, I only liked John Lennon and George Harrison out of the 4 of them. Sorry Jim. As for breasts or legs, :think: depends on the girl I guess? As for motorcycles, my last one was a 2009 BMW GS1200 Adventure. Yup; not 1000RR fast, but I love the Boxer engine and it pulled like a locomotive. I do know of the "Royal Dog of Scotland", but have never seen one over here in the States. Occasionally, we have one of the Wolfhound breeds stay with us but that's it.

Anyway, welcome to "The Big Show" as I like to call it. Great bunch of guys, amazing talent, and they're fun too! :thumbup: Do post some pics of your tank as we like to look at pictures, or better yet a video!

Regards,
Eric.
Last edited by EAO on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

adm wrote:Hi All,
Well, I guess I should have posted here before asking my first question in the General forum, but I didn't and so I ask for the Mercy of the Elders.....
Cheers!

Al.
Go forth and sin no more, you are forgiven! ;)

Sounds like you are in the right place! :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
adm
Recruit

Post by adm »

Good news. The kit arrived safely this morning. Seems to be complete, but I have not done a full contents check yet.

I'm already quite impressed with it. Especially the heft of the wheels and tracks!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Glad to hear that it arrived safely :D now the fun can start :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Heigh Ho, Adm! I will be interested to see the insides of the Tiger kit. Regardless of the reseller, I like the Torro tanks (and the nearly identical Taigen) as a great starting point for those of us without much skill and less courage (i.e. enough money for the tank, but not enough to risk rack and ruin). It would be great to see photos as you open 'er up and then work on 'er.

As to age and preferences for womanly attributes: I'll take a sweet hug and keep the talking frog.
adm
Recruit

Post by adm »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Heigh Ho, Adm! I will be interested to see the insides of the Tiger kit. Regardless of the reseller, I like the Torro tanks (and the nearly identical Taigen) as a great starting point for those of us without much skill and less courage (i.e. enough money for the tank, but not enough to risk rack and ruin). It would be great to see photos as you open 'er up and then work on 'er.

As to age and preferences for womanly attributes: I'll take a sweet hug and keep the talking frog.
I shall take pictures and post them. Will post a newbie build thread when I get going.

Inside the Torro box, all of the sub-boxes full of components are actually labelled "Taigen", so I guess there is practically zero difference between the two....
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thank you, Adm! I look forward to your photos and posts.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Welcome Al. I have a 2006 R1200S - there are a few BMW owners here. Think about getting a Triumph Speedmaster,but I can't help thinking a T120 might be a faster option at 20kg less.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Estnische wrote:Welcome Al. I have a 2006 R1200S - there are a few BMW owners here. Think about getting a Triumph Speedmaster,but I can't help thinking a T120 might be a faster option at 20kg less.
:D One ex-owner, here, Brett. For years I rode an old traffic Police R80RT. It was beefy, and not the fastest machine in the world (would have preferred The Norton Interpol 2)
but the full-fairing, pot, and crash bar saved my legs on more than one occasion. :D
Incidentally, The Highlands is a great, and very popular, place for riding. Indeed, motorcyclists come from all over Europe to have accidents here every Summer. :problem: (Temptation to go wild, I suppose) But it's the suicidal stags that put me off. 8O One hit my car once...
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”