Centurion,

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Re: Centurion,

Post by Rattlesnake road »

Not one of the best tanks I got to drive, driving the ambulance Saracen in N Ireland wasn’t a good idea either.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Having driven various military vehicles that were designed/built in the 40s as the early Cents/Saracen's/Saladin's /Champs/Humber pigs were I can say there was little in the way of enjoyment driving any of them, BUT they were built in the days when "Soldierproof" had priority over driver comfort :lolno: and they functioned under the most difficult conditions,
Compare
Bedford QL 1942 rebuild which was in service in the 70s in Germany which most winter mornings would bump start a 1/4 million Deutchmark Mercedes Heavy Recovery truck, It was a noisy cold incredibly uncomfortable truck which was irreplaceable, It was also the only British Truck in a fleet of over 200,Dafs, Mercedes and Magirus Deutz.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

In the late 70s, in my local county council, all the gritters and snow ploughs were rebodied ex army Bedfords. And yes, they were very noisy, draughty and bloody freezing when out working. I guess they were probably war surplus. No state of the art wagons that probably cost an arm and a leg, like they have today.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Post by Rattlesnake road »

The largest tank I got to drive was the mighty Conqueror, thinking back the tracks must of been as wide as the Tigers tracks were, huge monster tank.
I used to spend some of the time on weekends cleaning and painting whatever vehicle I was allocated. When we had urban cam I painted mine up like a haystack, the guys laughed until in a village it actually looked like one, no more laughs, the Adj was impressed I just hoped he never asked me to do his land rover.
Steve Norris
Recruit

Post by Steve Norris »

Any further news on the Centurion, would love to see the production model.
Regards
Steve
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Andrew told me on request,
that the Centurion is due in mid-2022.
Steve Norris
Recruit

Post by Steve Norris »

A bit later than hoped for but good to know it’s on its way. Thanks for the update.
Regards
Steve
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

While I have no desire to have one, I sure do admire Mr Hayas dedication to bringing these tanks to market.
I would assume that decal makers and accessories printing experts will also be keeping tabs on its arrival .
These things seeing action in several major conflicts across loads of nations armed forces should enable a vast array of ideas.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

HERMAN BIX wrote:While I have no desire to have one...
Then again...

and...

https://www.milweb.net/webvert/a4573/98029
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Interestingly (well it is to me :haha: ) The German army researched the value of stowing extra tracks and other solid ephemera across the front of a Tank as an addition to the vehicles armour and discovered it not only did not aid the Tanks defenses but was actually detrimental in some cases. !!!
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Hobby News”