January TOTM chat thread.

EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: January TOTM chat thread.

Post by EAO »

Imcq11,

Fabulous offering as always! I really like these Vietnam era pieces. Love the vehicle names and the soldiers accoutrements! Very realistic! :clap:

Rob'59,

Who doesn't love a good Tiger? Looks great in that snowy landscape. Love it's battered appearance! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Not again! Why does it always have to be so difficult to choose among the TOTM submissions!?

Among so much about each entry, :clap: :clap: :clap: for:

Painless Wolf's stowage and fuel stain--I have to practice fuel stains
Bix's banged up fenders and general grunginess
xhelfix's camouflage and Schürzen--I have Schürzen ready to put on a Sturmgeschütz III, but I am afraid I'll mess 'em up
Exhibitedbrute's SU-85 for the totally mean look it captures
Imcq11's venture into the Vietnam era: "Love you long time" (Speaking of :clap:)
Rob59's Tiger with riders---the figures add so much; they're a display in themselves
Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

Well, maybe I should ad some words to the pics of my Tiger1
And I do not want to affect the voters, that is not my intention!
It is just a kind of funny story...
It is supposed to be an Early Tiger 1, Befehlswagen III, from the Ostfront in Russia.
It was my first 1:16 tank, and I wanted something different than the usual tactical numbers, seen on most models.
That's why I choose the Roman III on the turret, which I saw in a book with some pics from Tigers at the Ostfront.
I painted it by hand, intending it was painted by the crew at the battlefields.
With models like this, you just need some real snow, and of course a white landscape, to make the Tank look real in his habitat.
When I woke up that Saturday morning, everything was white, and I was not prepared for it.
So I had to hurry, grab both my Ostfront Tigers, grab the crew and Tankriders and load 'm into the car, looking for a proper scenery to go with the Russian wideness.
In the rush I even forgot batteries and the FUG8 Commanders Antenna, and the other 2 antennas.
Too bad, otherwise they could have driven a few yards and with tracks filled with snow, it would have even looked even more realistic..
The snow was already melting, and fortunately I brought some plastic garbage bags to lay on, watching to not lay into dogshit.
Some dog owners must have thought, what a f#@*%r with his toys, but my Tigers were where they belonged: finely in the snow.
Shooting pics in an area with snow, is not as easy as taking them during a dry, sunny Summer period.
During the Summer (or whatever dry period), you can walk around your models and shoot pics from different angles, and make 'm look the best.
In the snow however, you have a slight problem, because walking around, close to your tanks, you leave footprints you cannot hide anymore.
I had the time of my life back than in 2018, and on the way home, most snow already had melted.
So, I was lucky I made it to the fields in time, and if I had had more time for preparing this event, I would have done it all different.
But I am very satisfied how the pics turned out to be.
Again, it was a hilarious morning, and when I see those pics again, I still must laugh about it all.
Grtzz Rob.
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Jimster wrote:8O You put ice in your whiskey?! Oh the horror.
He's a K1W1, so give him a break!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Estnische wrote:
Jimster wrote:8O You put ice in your whiskey?! Oh the horror.
He's a K1W1, so give him a break!
The cubes stop me binge/chain drinking & turning into a sloppy piss-wreck !!
Plus, its bloody hot here!!..............
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Man, people here are talented :)
EAO

Post by EAO »

What the Hell, a tie?! :O How is this handled Mick? :wtf: Has this scenario ever happened before? At least it was between my two favorite vehicles!

Spectacular entries one and all! :clap: Why is this so hard every month!? :crazy:

Congrats to Andy and Mr. Bix both...I guess? :eh:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

EAO wrote:What the Hell, a tie?! :O How is this handled Mick? :wtf: Has this scenario ever happened before? At least it was between my two favorite vehicles!

Spectacular entries one and all! :clap: Why is this so hard every month!? :crazy:

Congrats to Andy and Mr. Bix both...I guess? :eh:

Cheers,
Eric.
Hello Eric :wave:

All will be revealed here. . . . :/

The first TOTM of the year Winners - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31088
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The more I view TOTM the more I know that my decision to keep well out of it was the right choice,
BUT Please Mick don't stop this emporium of wonder because of this old spoilsport,
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

jarndice wrote:The more I view TOTM the more I know that my decision to keep well out of it was the right choice,
BUT Please Mick don't stop this emporium of wonder because of this old spoilsport,
Would be a real shame if it did stop. I doubt we'd see some of the vehicles if it wasn't for the TOTM, take one of this month's winners for instance, built six years ago in Germany, no build thread, yet Mr xhelfix was kind enough to share it with us, win win in my mind :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Tank of the Month”