Bruder low loader.

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Bruder low loader.

Post by jarndice »

I have never tried building a Scammel Explorer Cab but they were pretty much all flat panels so not as challenging as an all curves Bedford RL and I don't think I have ever seen one of those in 1/16.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Rattlesnake road wrote:When at Bulford part of 27 Regt RCT had 19 Tank Transporter Sqn .......the mighty Antar
Previously 19 Tank Transporter Company RASC was at Retford Notts.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:I have been looking at these low loader trailers for sometime with a view to convert into a drawbar/ dolly pulled low loader trailer which can then be universal as to which truck it’s pulled behind

There is a 1/16 draw bar dolly on E-Bay for about £20 you just add the wheels/axles.
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

Hi all
I've had this on my back burner for a couple of years now ..
And been toying with the idea of the bruder lowloader..
its not only too short.. to narrow and too low to the ground
So much work needed I feel its easier to start again witha full trailer
Scratch build
Attachments
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Post by Rattlesnake road »

If I have time tomorrow I will check out the club organiser sale of a complete truck and trailer with a tank sat on it. His truck tractor unit alone is impressive with everything working even opening and closing windows. He was going to do screen wipers but I have no idea if that was made.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I don't know if this is permitted but here goes, MAX-U52 has printed in 1/16 some excellent wipers for me and they are ace :thumbup:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Shaun, let's not be silly, there has never been anything wrong with mentioning past members that now reside on another forum, just as there's never been a problem mentioning other forums here.
A simple "Max U52 or Gary who is _____ on RCU, 3D printed me some excellent 1/16th truck wipers," would have been fine.
Making virtual accusatory statements that make things appear to be draconian within this forum is not how it is, and I would imagine you should know that.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

You misunderstand me my friend,
What I was referring to was my encouragement of members of our Forum to sell their souls to the devil and (breathe in) goto RCU :crazy: to advance their builds.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Sorry for the misunderstanding my friend.
But we've never stopped members from informing other members that there is other useful information or help on other forums.
I'm also a member of a German forum, and if I see something there that is useful to share, I would, on hesitation :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Post by Rattlesnake road »

I checked today, covid restrictions apply but I have my key worker letter in case I am stopped, the model engineer and owner of the truck and trailer wants £600 for it all but the buyer will need his own charger. The next time I visit I will take my camera and if he has time get some images of the set up, at the moment he has placed a tracked excavator on it in exchange for the tank that was on it before, never liked the Abraham’s anyway. After a chat I showed him the German tank crewman I am currently painting with a struggle, my eyesight is not the same now, dip the brush in the paint ......no paint, I missed. If I do not miss the paint then I miss the figure itself, my next eyesight test I may be able to get something to rectify this, having diabetes is part of the issue, my advice is dump any sweet products, my grandsons are not allowed too many sweets.
Stay safe, stay well

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”