Plymouth Group South Devon

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Plymouth Group South Devon

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Rattlesnake road wrote:The club is on covid19 closure, Jonathan who runs the truck club has moved shop to a bigger one and better laid out. He runs his shop Nimrif rc Plympton, a very helpful guy where rc stuff is concerned. While the indoor club is closed I tend to use the old airfield site at Yelverton to run my 3 tanks and generate interest. Normally weather permitting I am there on a Sunday until my batteries expire, I often let the children observing have a turn. I work 2 weekends on and one off.
Hi there,
It sounds like you have a lot to contribute to the forum. Could I ask you to go to the Introduce Yourself thread and tell us a bit more about yourself and the local tank scene. I am sure it will be of interest to quite a few west country members.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

He already has Richard :thumbup:

Hello guys - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=30619
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I think he was doing that at the same time I was posting!
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Oops, saw it was the 15th, didn't notice the month :{

I'll get me coat. . . .
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Post by Rattlesnake road »

Just maybe the club may open tomorrow as we are in tier 2. Will need to phone or speak with Jonathan that runs the club as to which part of the club is open.
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Phone call to Jonathan today confirmed that the club is open for the trucks 1/14 and for tanks or trucks 1/16, start time is normally 6 pm.
Artyfist
Lance Corporal

Post by Artyfist »

Hello, where abouts is the meeting held?
I live in Willand near Cullompton so also tier 2.
If not to far my son and I may attend.
Thanks
Dom
Torro Sherman
Torro King Tiger
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Is this really complying with the guidance rules for tier 2, stay indoors unless for essential journeys? Why put yourselves and others at risk for the sake of waiting a few months to enjoy our hobby with others.

I know l sound like a kill joy, but this is not a summer cold bug is it? Stay safe everyone.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Artyfist wrote:Hello, where abouts is the meeting held?
I live in Willand near Cullompton so also tier 2.
If not to far my son and I may attend.
Thanks
Dom

The Sports Hall
Ernesettle Lane
Plymouth
PL5 2EY

Remember if you attend to wear a mask, stay spaced. I have no idea how many will be there, so it may not be an idea to attend. You can ask Jonathan about the club, his shop nimrif rc is open Tuesday - Saturday. Saturday is an early closing day he is very good at rc stuff, he has been modifying a Chieftain tank for a few months, waiting to see the result.
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

I didn’t go tonight due to the fact I have x2 critical diseases, but even with them I worked from March through the outbreaks until I retired early December, I have a letter as a essential employee. It took 3 doctors to confirm I could go to work, the option to wear a mask was each persons choice, but the company provided ppe and hand sanitisers. Having been in the military and part of my job was the NBC cell, I taught my brother who achieved a pass of 98%, the highest anyone in his unit had attained.
My illnesses are probably Gulf War related, a lot of guys were ill when they got home, they were shipped out of the unit in under 24 hours, I was sent to another unit in the same town. Of course the Gulf War Illness doesn’t exist or does it, when there are very few Veterans left then they may admit that for some it does.
End of rant Stay safe, stay well

Return to “Clubs around the world”