Merry MacChristmas!

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Merry MacChristmas!

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

EAO wrote:43rdRecceReg,

Thanks for the fun info! :D My Wife and I have always enjoyed that unique brand of humor associated with the Isles. Some Yanks get it and some don't. :/ To us it appears to be just clean fun and would be a travesty if it disappeared due to the hyper sensitive nature of the World today!

Cheers,
Eric.
Thought you'd like that, Eric. :D
Sounds like you have a highly compatible wife. Humour is key to a good relationship, especially when we get old and creaky, and the Grim Reaper is looking through his address book...
:D Merry Christmas- or,. perhaps, is it Bah Humbug! :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

:haha: :clap:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I loved the Carry On films, I believe they hold the record for most films in a series/subject/set/genre/whatever.

As for seaside bawdy post cards. When I was too young to understand, I once read a card, and no-one would tell me the joke. Obviously I understand now.

The card; A man in a Taylor's, looking at his watch while being measured up by an effeminate looking Taylor, who asks, "would sir like a belt around the back?" To which the customer replies, "sorry, afraid I haven't the time!"

Happy Christmas time to one and all :wave:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

That location looks familiar, is it somewhere in the Aberdeenshire area, I’m sure I drove through that area shortly after remembrance day and there was a cut out of a Scottish rifles figure
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:That location looks familiar, is it somewhere in the Aberdeenshire area, I’m sure I drove through that area shortly after remembrance day and there was a cut out of a Scottish rifles figure
:D No, Aberdeenshire is on the Eastern, chillier, Lowland coast (North Sea chill) This location is Mellon Charles in Wester Ross (West Highlands) on Loch Ewe. I live in a nearby village, also on Loch Ewe. Here we get the Gulf stream' and though we're on par with Alaska, Norway, and Moscow- in terms of Latitude, the Winters are not as severe here. :D
The film 'Local Hero' was made mostly here, on the West (Highland) coast, in Mallaig and Arisaig- although the village with the celebrated telephone box in, was actually set in Pennan, Aberdeenshire.
Here's Mark Knopfler's lovely theme from 'Local hero'- "Going home". For a Geordie who spent his childhood in Glasgow, Knopfler really captures the feel of Highland life.
Do listen- he's one of the best melodic guitar stylists out there. :thumbup: :thumbup: As a guitarist, I really appreciate what I've learned from his unique style and riffs, though Bert Jansch was my idol back in the 1960s. :D
Merry Christmas, from a ....Local Zero :wave: :wave:
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the smiles! 43rdRecceReg I have to agree with you about Mark Knopfler's playing. When I was in High School in the early 1980's, Dire Straits was constantly played in my car and room. Great, great stuff!

Mick, that's quite the postcard. It'll stick in my memories now too! :D

I'm a little more Humbug this year than most. But Merry Christmas guys! Stay healthy! :wave:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

We all obviously have great memories of silly style humour :). Just what is needed right now as we get good news of vaccines rolling out followed by more prolific mutations rolling out even faster. My son in the NHS tested positive last week. His best advice is avoid 'pods', they are just a mechanism for promoting mixing!

Now...Merry Christmas everyone. It might not be the best but we're all here to cheer each other up and you certainly make me smile :). Thanks for your help and advice over the year. Here's to a better 2021 and some fun battle meets.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

General Jumbo01 wrote:We all obviously have great memories of silly style humour :). Just what is needed right now as we get good news of vaccines rolling out followed by more prolific mutations rolling out even faster. My son in the NHS tested positive last week. His best advice is avoid 'pods', they are just a mechanism for promoting mixing!

Now...Merry Christmas everyone. It might not be the best but we're all here to cheer each other up and you certainly make me smile :). Thanks for your help and advice over the year. Here's to a better 2021 and some fun battle meets.
:wave: Good to hear from you, GJ. I hope your son recovers soon. My daughter had the dread lurgy in March, and still has headaches- a la Long Covid- as a result.
Keep well, keep safe, and keep sticking tanks together!!
All the best,
Roy.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Your Shire is beautiful! Merry Christmas!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:thumbup: :wave:
Jimster wrote:Your Shire is beautiful! Merry Christmas!!

Return to “Off topic”