SAMOKHODNAYA USTANOVKA-152/KV14 RENOVATORS DREAM!

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: SAMOKHODNAYA USTANOVKA-152/KV14 RENOVATORS DREAM!

Post by HERMAN BIX »

EAO wrote:Mr. Bix,

She's looking "right as rain". I really like what you did with the 55 gallon drum. I love the weathered, washed out look that you gave it. :clap: I see a strong contender for TOTM! And I've always wondered, how do you guy's decide when your project is considered finally "done"? :think:

Regards,
Eric.
Cheers Mr EAO, that drum is almost like I hoped it would be, almost!
As for when to call a tank model 'done' .................. :problem: :think:
I reckon its when the builder looks & looks but can only find things that he could have done better at the time, but the effort isn't worth the outcome to go back & try to get it.
Thats just me though ;)
Thanks for looking in, I will get the finishing pics up soon
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Almost done, will get some proper pics once the rains pass
Attachments
4540F466-D1F7-4459-80F1-25283ACA857C.jpeg
FE5A4E08-E635-4D76-A08F-B6541874C2FE.jpeg
E13CCF91-1890-4B34-984D-98923E97BD2A.jpeg
CB537A6A-953B-4702-A56C-730ED80A2FF5.jpeg
72D29D3C-0B83-4D10-83F3-3909C4B79633.jpeg
6DF82192-8E9C-4A0E-B920-A65BA478B9F8.jpeg
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

I agree with EAO. Definitely a contender for TOTM. Using actual shell casings was a stroke of genius, and they appear far more realistic than what most builds scatter around the deck. Very cool overall!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

sassgrunt wrote:I agree with EAO. Definitely a contender for TOTM. Using actual shell casings was a stroke of genius, and they appear far more realistic than what most builds scatter around the deck. Very cool overall!
What he said! :clap: Can't wait for pictures in the light of day!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Bravo Herman!! :clap: :clap:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

sassgrunt wrote:I agree with EAO. Definitely a contender for TOTM. Using actual shell casings was a stroke of genius, and they appear far more realistic than what most builds scatter around the deck. Very cool overall!
Thanks Mr Sass, the shell cases are an ok addition.
It seems to be an ongoing build already...........that is, its just not wanting to be finished !!
As for TOTM, I will give it a wizz at some point & see ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

EAO wrote:
What he said! :clap: Can't wait for pictures in the light of day!

Cheers,
Eric.
Thanks Mr EAO, the light of day at the moment is unfortunately associated with eleventythousndbagillion % of humidity & clouds with gloom.... :/
Plus I need to get the track contact chevrons worn off by running it, and as above, that aint going to be soon !
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

BarryC wrote:Bravo Herman!! :clap: :clap:

Barry
Cheers Baz, we do what we can with what our planet gives us eh ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Mr. Bix,

Too bad about the weather; but I agree, you really can't have new shiny track cleats with that beautifully aged tank! Eventually the skies will clear, until then we eagerly wait!

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

That last photo showing the barrel, shell casings and mesh vent cover is my favorite. Amazing example of realistic weathering and detailing.
I need to someday model some Russian armor to feed my Tiger :haha:
I agree with the TOTM comments 100%.

Return to “Other Builds”