KV85 first run...

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

KV85 first run...

Post by dgsselkirk »

So here is the Second of 3 KV's that I am working on, the KV85. This consists of a resin turret and upper hull parts and a Taigen lower hull. It runs on a Clark TK80 with a servo elevation that I know works but have to do some programming on the radio to get it to work... I need to adjust the ESC so they pick up a little quicker so it won't be so jerky and run better at low speeds. Has a big ass speaker and a small Taigen stock one as well, TARR smoker, lights front and rear as you can see. It is set up as a full battler and should be a good one! Over all pretty pleased with it... :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaX_X7Y ... =DeanGodin
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: KV85 first run...

Post by BarryC »

dgsselkirk wrote:So here is the Second of 3 KV's that I am working on, the KV85. This consists of a resin turret and upper hull parts and a Taigen lower hull. It runs on a Clark TK80 with a servo elevation that I know works but have to do some programming on the radio to get it to work... I need to adjust the ESC so they pick up a little quicker so it won't be so jerky and run better at low speeds. Has a big ass speaker and a small Taigen stock one as well, TARR smoker, lights front and rear as you can see. It is set up as a full battler and should be a good one! Over all pretty pleased with it... :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaX_X7Y ... =DeanGodin
I have never been a fan of the KV, it just looks so clunky and that turret, yuk! ;)

But yours with the 85 looks like a real tank! :clap:

Great work Dean. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

99% perfect, Dean. :thumbup:
The sounds are amazing; the gun recoil is smooth; the proportional smoke is eye-catching (nose-catching too, with the right aroma :D ), and the finish is also excellent. As you say, just a tweak is needed
in the slow manoeuvre department; but I'd say a pat on the back would be thoroughly justified. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

Thanks guys,
I agree, the 85 turret looks so much nicer!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon!
That is beautiful work! I need to give the 'Palace' a proportional smoker like that.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I got an old KV1 recently that I had ideas to turn into an 85
Yours is the epitome of what one should be like.
Top job
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
EAO

Post by EAO »

Very nice! Love the look of the loose tracks, very accurate. I'm assuming that they're metal? As only metal has that awesome sag to them. Great sound too! :thumbup:
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

Thanks for the comments guys, yes, it is a full metal sprockets, idlers, road wheels, tracks, return rollers and hull, Taigen lower ... :D I found these 8W speakers that fit perfectly in the hull that give it great sound... :D

Return to “Show Off”