Heng Long Stug 3 MG alteration

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Winalot
Private

Heng Long Stug 3 MG alteration

Post by Winalot »

Hi
I have recently purchased a Heng Long Stug III, but was dissapointed to find,
A. The Loaders hatch does not open, despite pics on the Internet, and even on the packaging, showing it open!
B. The MG flashes from the drivers visor! Looks stupid. I took the top off, which is dead easy on this model, only 5 or 6 screws, and none between the tracks, and I found it was possible to remove the led, and feed in into the gun mantlet. I drilled a hole Approx 3mm in the location where the coaxial gun( when Fitted) was mounted. It is tight but with a piece of thin string taped to the led i was able to route it to the front of the mantlet ,next to my hole.
i fixed it in place by pushing foam into the gap. It works fine, and looks good. I finished it off by fitting a tarpaulin weather shield made from old jeans, to hide the wire. Up and down movement is not restricted either.
I understand that the coaxial gun was only fitted to later Stugs, 1944 onwards, and mostly to vehicles with the cast mantlet, but older Stugs with the welded mantlet, could be drilled to fit the gun. Anyway, looks good now.
hope it helps somebody.
winalot
i can post a picture if I can find out how, only just joined this forum!
"It’s not despair that kills you, but hope" John Cleese
Winalot
Private

Re: Heng Long Stug 3 MG alteration

Post by Winalot »

Sorry about the quality of picture, can’t load any better.
Attachments
B0BF7A97-3495-4F00-8CDA-FC5E2376B659.jpeg
B0BF7A97-3495-4F00-8CDA-FC5E2376B659.jpeg (50.05 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Fo the photos,at the bottom of the message there is « options-upload «  attachement,click on it,the «  filename choose file « search in the photos ( phototech) then click on «  place inline « and voila,if too heavy it is indicated and reformatted dimensions!!!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Or you could use the app Tapatalk, I access the forum from the app & I can post photos directly from my phone with no resizing required at all
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winalot
Private

Post by Winalot »

Thank you Wayne, didn’t think I was a dinosaur but compared to a 3 year old, I must be!
I’ll try it
W
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Any updates Mr Win?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”