WCP RC Models Kubelwagen Project

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: WCP RC Models Kubelwagen Project

Post by Jimster »

He’s wearing the Wehrmacht’s top secret camouflage uniform. Works like a charm! :haha:
Jarndice is absolutely correct about how solid this model is! It has withstood indoor attack cats, outdoor rough solid terrain and the occasional heavy hand of cheap American whiskey. I’ve even drilled holes for wire routing without a bend or twist on any part. All hinges are sturdy as a bank vault and the suspension is as beautiful as it is functional. It’s a rock solid model just waiting to be detailed and modified to represent any Kubelwagen you want. It would be a shame to stop producing it.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Hopefully, mine is one of the 5! On a slight sideway move, does anyone know of a suitable driver figure? I can find a 4 figure set in winter gear and a 2 man set for a schwimwagen, but I am looking for a driver for a DAK kubelwagen.
Yours will be No.2 :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Jimster wrote:Thanks Will! I should’ve had you engrave a number on the bottom, “#1 (or 2) of 5”! It will be a well sought after collector’s model. I have to admit that I’m as proud if not prouder of this Kubelwagen than I am of my Leningrad Tiger! I play with it every evening. Forget I said that.........I drive it every evening and get a big smile on my face every time that VW engine sound cranks up and I honk the VW horn. It drives like a dream with your excellent suspension system. You and your wife are an excellent team!
Speaking of figures, Surfer. Where did you find the four winter clad figures? I need to order them for the Kubelwagen.
Yours is No.1, I'm well jealous, I think mines might be No.5 if I am allowed one haha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

jarndice wrote:
Will01Capri wrote:You are going to have one of a very few Jim. We have bought all the stock of the Tamiya tyres that we can find worldwide and so far this means we will only be able to build 5 unless we come up with a alternative option.

I bought a Tamiya Kubel kit with a view to r/c ing it but when I opened the box it was obviously far too flimsy for the rigour's of running with my Armour so I put the box away untouched for a rainy day :lolno:
Having viewed your much sturdier WCP version on Jimsters thread and because I have a full set of unused tyres does that mean I could order a Kubel sans tyres and fit my own at my leisure and get on with fitting it out with r/c plus titivate it with Tamiya bits and pieces ?
I would certainly pay folding money for a WCP Kubel,
All I need is confirmation that you would print one for me PLEESE :thumbup:
Hi Shaun, send a message thru to my wife and we could print one for you so you could supply your own tyres.
That makes a potential 6 haha. Still an exclusive club.
Some tamiya bits could be made to fit for sure. But all bits are custom designed for our own model.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Jimster wrote:He’s wearing the Wehrmacht’s top secret camouflage uniform. Works like a charm! :haha:
Jarndice is absolutely correct about how solid this model is! It has withstood indoor attack cats, outdoor rough solid terrain and the occasional heavy hand of cheap American whiskey. I’ve even drilled holes for wire routing without a bend or twist on any part. All hinges are sturdy as a bank vault and the suspension is as beautiful as it is functional. It’s a rock solid model just waiting to be detailed and modified to represent any Kubelwagen you want. It would be a shame to stop producing it.
Many thanks Jim. I am over the moon you are soo happy with it, it's a little gem. When I figured that suspension out I have to admit I was smiling. I hope you never need to replace the suspension arms it's a tricky fiddly setup, but it does work nice.

We have been in touch with some people and we can get some drivers. But they are on a long back order. But they should be here in new year.......
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Will, check your PM regarding tires. -Mike
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Just another short video showing this little bucket going over some gravel and passing by my other WCP models including the pak, trailer and Tiger engine (on the trailer). Maybe a bit redundant but it’s only 30 seconds long and something to look at on a Friday night. I’m sorry. That sounded really bad.
phpBB [video]
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Jimster wrote:Just another short video showing this little bucket going over some gravel and passing by my other WCP models including the pak, trailer and Tiger engine (on the trailer). Maybe a bit redundant but it’s only 30 seconds long and something to look at on a Friday night. I’m sorry. That sounded really bad.
phpBB [video]
Excellent. That is superb. Very good indeed
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jim,

Just got back from doing some winterizing at the cabin. You're new video is awesome! Man, that VW really makes me smile! :D

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks! Now the fun part begins (I don’t like sorting out electronics). Detailing and weathering is my favorite aspect of this hobby. I need to figure out the best way to gain access to the light buckets for my LEDs. Thinking I might remove the wheels and drill up from below and poke it up from there. There’s already a little hole underneath the fender to guide my drill bit. I’m afraid if I attempt to remove the light bucket that I will break something. Any advice will be seriously appreciated. Will?
The Notek light installation should be a fairly straightforward job.

Return to “Other Builds”