WCP RC Models Kubelwagen Project

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Jimster
Lieutenant

WCP RC Models Kubelwagen Project

Post by Jimster »

Having a blast with this fantastic model from WCP! I finally got the Benedini sound unit wired, 4 channel receiver hardwired and speaker hidden inside the rear engine compartment. Now it’s time to weather and detail this smooth running Kubelwagen. The interior will have the wires painted to help hide them better and a canvas tarp to cover the Benedini unit. Maybe some other creative stuff. Here’s some pics and a short video.
phpBB [video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: WCP RC Models Kubelwagen Project

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Really nice Jimster :clap: that looks and sounds super cool 8)

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jim,

She's starting to come together now very nicely! Impressive sound from that little speaker! :O I had admired the drive train when WCP showed it on the Forum before sending it over to you. I knew it had a nice suspension system but somehow missed the little shocks! Just a peek of them by the speaker in the back, man they are cool! :thumbup: Paint job and markings look great! Can't wait for the weathering and crew.

And here you led me to believe that you wouldn't be working on "Lil' PJ" for quite sometime. I knew you wouldn't be able to resist having it sitting on your workbench. :haha:

That's one hell of a start,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

That's brilliant and awesome. The sound is superb. It's a little beauty. Very nice I am well jealous now haha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

You are going to have one of a very few Jim. We have bought all the stock of the Tamiya tyres that we can find worldwide and so far this means we will only be able to build 5 unless we come up with a alternative option.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Hopefully, mine is one of the 5! On a slight sideway move, does anyone know of a suitable driver figure? I can find a 4 figure set in winter gear and a 2 man set for a schwimwagen, but I am looking for a driver for a DAK kubelwagen.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks Will! I should’ve had you engrave a number on the bottom, “#1 (or 2) of 5”! It will be a well sought after collector’s model. I have to admit that I’m as proud if not prouder of this Kubelwagen than I am of my Leningrad Tiger! I play with it every evening. Forget I said that.........I drive it every evening and get a big smile on my face every time that VW engine sound cranks up and I honk the VW horn. It drives like a dream with your excellent suspension system. You and your wife are an excellent team!
Speaking of figures, Surfer. Where did you find the four winter clad figures? I need to order them for the Kubelwagen.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Have a look on Aliexpress. I think they are probably copies, so the originals are out there somewhere.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Will01Capri wrote:You are going to have one of a very few Jim. We have bought all the stock of the Tamiya tyres that we can find worldwide and so far this means we will only be able to build 5 unless we come up with a alternative option.

I bought a Tamiya Kubel kit with a view to r/c ing it but when I opened the box it was obviously far too flimsy for the rigour's of running with my Armour so I put the box away untouched for a rainy day :lolno:
Having viewed your much sturdier WCP version on Jimsters thread and because I have a full set of unused tyres does that mean I could order a Kubel sans tyres and fit my own at my leisure and get on with fitting it out with r/c plus titivate it with Tamiya bits and pieces ?
I would certainly pay folding money for a WCP Kubel,
All I need is confirmation that you would print one for me PLEESE :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Great model, really superb Benedini sounds, but a strangely disconcerting video...with the Invisible man at the wheel :O :D :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Other Builds”