Hi

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
mike57
Recruit

Re: Hi

Post by mike57 »

tank electrics.jpg
mike57 wrote:Thanks, yeah I have that diagram but i still have no idea how to wire it up, as you say, everything is different. the sound has gone on the original TK6.0, and I have no idea if it's the board or receiver at fault. This tank has cost me almost £700 so far and it's useless so throwing more money at it sounds painful. I put another thread up hoping someone would be able to tell me which wire goes where but haven't had any info. It seems I'm the only idiot that has attempted this!
I did a drawing or the V6 board and numbered all the connections to it then a drawing of the Taigen board and asked which wires from the V6 board went to which pins on the taigen, I thought that would be easy for someone who knows about electronics, but so far no one has offered a solution!
mike57
Recruit

Post by mike57 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:You do know there is a volume control on the Heng Long transmitter?
You could have a speaker fault.

As for being an idiot, get to the back of the queue.
And stop beating yourself up about it, you had no prior knowledge about these things, and had no idea of what you were getting into.
And unfortunately, you have entered the hobby where straight control board swaps are becoming a thing of the past, and there's less knowledge available about what you require.
As for purchasing other more expensive boards, you would still be back to square one with them, although there is more knowledge about them available.
Thanks, how can I get the original one tested? If there's an easy fix for that that would be brilliant, I could then sell all the Taigen stuff and have a working tank at last!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Do you know where the volume control is on the controller?
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
mike57
Recruit

Post by mike57 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Do you know where the volume control is on the controller?
yes, it's marked V but does nothing, it seems like a very cheap bit of kit, compared to the Taigen
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Did you check the speaker connection with the control board?

Do you have a multi meter?

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
mike57
Recruit

Post by mike57 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Did you check the speaker connection with the control board?

Do you have a multi meter?
The connection seemed fine, I only used the tank once, just to play around with it when I first took it out of the box, then it was painted over a few weeks, once I got the 3D figure made and painted, tried it again and no sound. I do have a multi meter
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

It may be an idea to check the speaker wires, where they connect to the speaker and plug in the board, if no joy, see if the speaker is getting any usable voltage, I'm guessing at around 5 volts

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I've basically just looked at tanks and wires have come adrift :{

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

You may have to use the button on the controller between checking for voltage available to the speaker. This way we can find out if the speaker is dead, or whether the board is supplying the speaker.

mike57
Recruit

Post by mike57 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:I've basically just looked at tanks and wires have come adrift :{
wires look fine, zero voltage at the speaker socket on the board

Return to “Introduce Yourself”