gears

Here vendors can post for free any newly released items they have for sale.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: gears

Post by tomhugill »

tankme wrote:Wonder why they have a different high or low motor position option? Jimster, there is very little information about them online as they are brand new for HL. I saw them a while back, but Forgebear is the first vendor I've seen that has got a shipment besides when I saw them on Ebay months ago. I should've picked one up back then for the hell of it, but I didn't know they would disappear for this long.
The high low motor im pretty sure is referring to high and low ratio
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

If I were a betting man (and I am) I would take a punt that these are PDSGB gearboxes with different branding. They look identical in every aspect.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

B_Man wrote:If I were a betting man (and I am) I would take a punt that these are PDSGB gearboxes with different branding. They look identical in every aspect.
Or an exact copy, and that type of thing goes on all the time.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

It will be interesting to start seeing some review videos and see some pricing.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Okay. I see them on your site now. Thanks.
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

If you look at the gears on Daves site you can see that the low/high refers to the main motor position, the
low gearbox motor sits lower and high higher, the box says 2 types of gear ratio so you can probably change the pulley positions over ??? :thumbup: :wave:
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

hi guys i am sure they are the same as the PDSG gears i have looked at them not taken any apart but they are the same apart from the high low set of the motors
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Now I've woken up and seen how these boxes go together with the metal plates, these Heng Long boxes are very similar to the other makes.

Therefore, my question is. Would it be possible to get a spare metal plate with the two gears and shafts along with a gearbox? Either make you sell would work for me if either company would supply the spares.

My reasoning for wanting a spare plate etc, I could use both plates with the original final drive gear positions becoming idler gears, and the extra plate could be attached further forward, giving me two narrow metal drive shaft mounts to fit within the Sherman transmission cover.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

PDSGB gearbox internals slow version , well still not checked speed yet. Was going to post pics of the internals , has someone blocked me uploading pics ? or is it a problem on the forum?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

ronnie42 wrote:PDSGB gearbox internals slow version , well still not checked speed yet. Was going to post pics of the internals , has someone blocked me uploading pics ? or is it a problem on the forum?
No to both.
Only those with vendor status can post pictures in this section.

Return to “Vendors NEW items”