HL to Taigen swap

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
mike57
Recruit

Re: HL to Taigen swap

Post by mike57 »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:I could take a look but you would need to send it to me along with everything you want installing
Thanks, I've put a reply up in this thread, if you could take a look I'd appreciate it!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :D
I mustn’t be awake ? Because I don’t undesrtand the meaning of the meaning of the question??what would be good is to have photos of the existing one and the replacement, would be easier to understand ( personal opinion ) on the current photos not easy to see :wtf:
mike57
Recruit

Post by mike57 »

Jofaur86 wrote:Hello :D
I mustn’t be awake ? Because I don’t undesrtand the meaning of the meaning of the question??what would be good is to have photos of the existing one and the replacement, would be easier to understand ( personal opinion ) on the current photos not easy to see :wtf:
The top picture is of the original unit showing all connections and are numbered. The bottom pic is of the new unit, i need to know where the wires from the top unit are fitted to the bottom unit. I thought it was easy to understand.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

Nothing from the tk6.0 will plug into the taigen board everything is wired differently so your tank will require a complete rewire.
mike57
Recruit

Post by mike57 »

john1970 wrote:Nothing from the tk6.0 will plug into the taigen board everything is wired differently so your tank will require a complete rewire.
Hi John, yeah I know that, I have ordered a lead set and I'm getting my head round it but the smoke unit and Bb system are foxing me. The HL smoke unit uses 4 wires but the Taigen system only uses 2 so I'm thinking the smoke unit needs to be changed. The BB system on the HL has 2 trigger wires and 2 launch wires but the taigen only shows 2 pins 8O
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

mike57 wrote:
Jofaur86 wrote:Hello :D
The top picture is of the original unit showing all connections and are numbered. The bottom pic is of the new unit, i need to know where the wires from the top unit are fitted to the bottom unit. I thought it was easy to understand.
Easy to understand ?yes with the material under the eyes can be ? By interposed words :wtf:
John answer elsewhere,not always so simple or plug and play :thumbdown: wath if a member takes the time to respond,and they don’t understand :O don’t blame him >:<
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

Do you have a soldering iron because you will need it.
change the smoke unit to a taigen 1
the BB gun and elevation share the same live wire on the taigen so has a 3 pin plug for both which plugs into the 8 pin board connected to the upper hull. while the heng long has them separate so the elevation can go in 2 directions instead of cycling through.
do you have this piece or similar if not you will need it
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p6 ... _Tank.html
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

mike57 wrote:
john1970 wrote:Nothing from the tk6.0 will plug into the taigen board everything is wired differently so your tank will require a complete rewire.
Hi John, yeah I know that, I have ordered a lead set and I'm getting my head round it but the smoke unit and Bb system are foxing me. The HL smoke unit uses 4 wires but the Taigen system only uses 2 so I'm thinking the smoke unit needs to be changed. The BB system on the HL has 2 trigger wires and 2 launch wires but the taigen only shows 2 pins 8O
Normal,one is standard ( 2 wires) the other is proportional ( so 4 wires )
If I can give any advice ? It’s to browse the many posts on this forum,to learn a little more about tanks :thumbup:
mike57
Recruit

Post by mike57 »

john1970 wrote:Do you have a soldering iron because you will need it.
change the smoke unit to a taigen 1
the BB gun and elevation share the same live wire on the taigen so has a 3 pin plug for both which plugs into the 8 pin board connected to the upper hull. while the heng long has them separate so the elevation can go in 2 directions instead of cycling through.
do you have this piece or similar if not you will need it
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p6 ... _Tank.html
Hi, I have a soldering iron! I got the Taigen setup from Forgebear, it was Dave that recommended it to me, he did say I'll have to do some rewiring but didn't mention any extra leads I'd need. I've ordered a lead set but not the one you have shown, I'll order that and a smoke unit today. Am thinking this was too big of a job for me, and it doesn't seem there is anyone local that can help.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

From what I can gather, the wiring within the two makes of tanks, Heng Long and Taigen is different. Both turrets are wired in a slightly different way. Also the small board fitted within the top hull is wired and connected to differently between the makes.
It would be best to have the wiring diagram for the Taigen unit, and change the small top hull board and turret wiring layout to suit the Taigen.
The information you received about the Taigen board being ok to use in a Heng Long is correct, but it does take a bit of know how to do it.

I'm trying to find the turret rewiring information. Or, hopefully someone will chip in that already knows it.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Other electronics”