Hello guys

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Hello guys

Post by Rattlesnake road »

New to the group, ex military, live in Plympton, have a under repair Challenger 2, T72, and a Tiger 1 under review. More about myself, joined the Army in 1969 finished in 1994, served with various units and spent time in Germany. Lived in Hemer and met unknowingly Mr Peddinghaus who lives in Hemer himself. Exercise Medicine Man is held in Canada, the equipment is normally parked in the OK corral.The road/track to the training area is called Rattlesnake Road, one night I ran through the grass to the main hardtop road. The Canadian who I stopped wasn’t impressed Why do you think it’s called Rattlesnake Road.
When in Larkhill I had the prestigious job of driving the target Centurion for the RA to fire at, never volunteer comes to mind.
Last edited by Rattlesnake road on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hello guys

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome to the forum Rattlesnake :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello Mr. Rattlesnake,

Welcome aboard and glad to have you here. Love your username, but surely there's no rattlers in the U.K. right? But then you may have named it after a particularly nasty, curvy road? I just ask since here in the Ozarks we have them, as I can attest to after having been bitten by one a year ago. I thought about changing my username to Snakebite or Stupid1, etc., etc., well you get the idea.

Sorry I tend to go off topic regularly, welcome to the Forum!

Cheers,
Eric.
Last edited by EAO on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

[quote][/The road/track to the training area is called Rattlesnake Road, one night I ran through the grass to the main hardtop road. The Canadian who I stopped wasn’t impressed Why do you think it’s called Rattlesnake Road.quote]

OH, now I get it!
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D Welcome, R.R!. In squaddie terms, you must have received a long service award- and, I imagine, it just could be living in Plympton. Devon is certainly a beautiful county -though not a patch on the Highlands :D ... but I could do with a scone with Debben cream and jam right now. :thumbup:
I think you've found the right place to park your tanks. :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”