New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: New Member

Post by EAO »

Greetings Mr. Winalot,

Sounds like you and I have a commonality in militaria! I have two Uncles who fought in the European Theater in WW2, and two Great Uncles who fought in WW1. I have lot's of war booty brought back by the four of them. For about the last 20 years I've been a hard core collector of mainly Third Reich and Imperial German items. I rotate between hobbies about every two or three years. Firearms, militaria, sports cars, and for now RC tanks.

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome to the "show" sir! :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Winalot
Private

Post by Winalot »

Thanks for such a warm welcome.
As requested I have posted some pics of my ex vehicles on general forum, I hope that’s ok!
I have many regrets on parting with them, but, you know, things and times change, and you move on. Jeeps cost a fortune now, I just wish I’d kept it. Mind you, you have to be slim( which I’m not anymore) to fit behind the wheel!
John Wayne had to have the Seat altered in order to fit in a Jeep!
W
"It’s not despair that kills you, but hope" John Cleese
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

midlife306 wrote: My other passion is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang,
I’ve always had Chitty as my favourite children’s movie, no doubt implanted by my childhood love of cars. When my own kids and their cousins came along I made sure to let them see it and also sing those songs.

Despite my son loving horror movies, he said that The Child Catcher gave him nightmares!

I was also chuffed that Chitty was built by Alan Mann Racing, Ford’s UK racing contractor.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”