New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New Member

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome to the forum winalot :wave: if you use a mobile phone to take and store your pictures you can also use an app called Tapatalk, this will allow you to upload pictures here without any resizing issues, just another option for you to think about :D . If you want to upload any videos of your models you will need to upload them to YouTube first then you can link them here for people to view :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Now we need Fred the French to pop in and say hi. I don't think he's far from Le Mans.

Well, my friends have a house in 49, and a carp fishing lake in 53. I'm hoping to pop over in the new year.
Hello :D Fred is on the 35 ,near Rennes , not for from Lorient ( Uboot base WW II Keromanm )
For info :thumbup:
https://patrimoine.lorient.bzh/histoire ... e-keroman/
Désolé,traduction in French 8O
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Winalot :D
You know number 17 is 2 hours on the A10 motorway? Every year, is exhibition of reduced models of tanks with outdoor demonstration of scale 1 tanks,Pentecost weekend,2 days,except 2020 :thumbdown: COVID
https://www.museedesblindes.fr/
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jofaur86 wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:Now we need Fred the French to pop in and say hi. I don't think he's far from Le Mans.

Well, my friends have a house in 49, and a carp fishing lake in 53. I'm hoping to pop over in the new year.
Hello :D Fred is on the 35 ,near Rennes , not for from Lorient ( Uboot base WW II Keromanm )
For info :thumbup:
https://patrimoine.lorient.bzh/histoire ... e-keroman/
Désolé,traduction in French 8O
Yes, 35 is quite close :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

Welcome here. I m sure you will be good here.

You live in Charente Maritime! Few years ago, I was on vacation there. Ronces les Bains, la Tremblade, Royan...

There was a very nice museum on the Royan pocket, but which has closed for many years. Of course, all collections was sold and dispered in the world.

Along beachs between Ronce les Bains and Royan, there is a big forest, crossed by a road and cycle path and along the ocean. In this forest, you have a lot of bunkers to see. But maybe you've already visited them...

Regards.

Fred.

I live in Brittany (35 Ille et vilaine). :thumbup:
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
Winalot
Private

Post by Winalot »

Hi Fred
Bonjour, sorry for my late reply. Desolé pour mon reponse en retard, J‘etais occupé avec Le fabrication de mon char, Le Pershing! Time goes quickly when you are building models, soon it’s late and you don’t realise.
I know La Tremblade and love Royan, there is an Indian restaurant there, which is my lifeline. I can’t live without a curry. Saintes is also a lovely town.
Nice to hear from you.
W
"It’s not despair that kills you, but hope" John Cleese
Winalot
Private

Post by Winalot »

I forgot to say on my intro, that I once owned a 43 Willy’s Jeep, all original with a .30cal on a mount and an original radio, and also a 1943 6x6 GMC 2.5 Ton truck. Deuce and a half, short wheel base
. Fabulous both of them and used to go to all the shows with a group of GI‘s in the back. And we toured Normandy, where the welcome from the locals was astounding! Sadly they have moved on but had great fun. Got some great pics of truck on Utah beach I will post some time.
Sorry if I’m banging on, as my wife would say!
W
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Winalot wrote:I forgot to say on my intro, that I once owned a 43 Willy’s Jeep, all original with a .30cal on a mount and an original radio, and also a 1943 6x6 GMC 2.5 Ton truck. Deuce and a half, short wheel base
. Fabulous both of them and used to go to all the shows with a group of GI‘s in the back. And we toured Normandy, where the welcome from the locals was astounding! Sadly they have moved on but had great fun. Got some great pics of truck on Utah beach I will post some time.
Sorry if I’m banging on, as my wife would say!
W
:O Can’t wait to see the pictures??
Winalot
Private

Post by Winalot »

Will do, but got to reduce file size first. Where do you think I should post them?
W
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Winalot wrote:Will do, but got to reduce file size first. Where do you think I should post them?
W
There are a couple of options. I'd say General Discussion, or Off Topic, if it's wrong, don't worry, one of those nice Global moderator chaps will move it :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”